Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 AM

471 posts, read 980,158 times

Advertisements

In the beginning of ebay, I used to sell antique auto parts all the time, had several hundred sales and 100% feedback. Had people sending me money orders and sometimes even cash. I always promptly shipped everything out and no problems for anyone. But when ebay started mandating paypal, I got both offended and gun shy of the whole ebay thing. I didn't like the way paypal kept track of my money and how the risk for sellers was increased to the point of not making it worthwile. Nice of ebay to create paypal and mandate people use it while ebay/paypal reaps in fees. Also as a seller, do you really want an official paper trail of everyone of your transactions that someday they may be mandated to turn over??? Why can't paypal be an option like it once was and the buyer still have the choice of not buying your item if you don't accept paypal??

I stopped selling items then, did sell a few antique cars after that on ebay for a short time, since you did not need paypal, but eventually stopped doing that too... What a shame a great concept like ebay degenerated into what it is today and how glad I am that I started with them early on, never knowing it would all have to come to a close.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,302,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Why?

When they give me the nearly $5000 I am owed on a sale thru their ripoff site, I MIGHT change my mind but them. Remember when paypal was bought out by ebay ? I sold some race heads thru their site, and custom sheet metal intake. Long story short, the guy who got everything paid but I never got that $. Even mastercard backed him up that yes, he was billed, and later paid off his card for the purchase. But I got nothing. Yes, I was part of the class action lawsuit , but I got a whole $3.22 for my trouble. F*** erape and their rapepal system.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:40 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,822,776 times
Does ebay monitor when/if people don't use paypal?

I personally have had a few folks send me MO's even after this whole "use paypal only" thing started.

There's other reasons why ebay sucks now....such as because they let every vendor known to man, sell their stuff there. I remember when ebay was like a big online swap meet for car parts, w/o all the vendors selling their Chinese built stuff on there. Now if I want/need car stuff I have to sift thru a bunch of b.s. to find what I need.

About the only good thing eBay has going for it, is at least it appeals to a larger audience, and at least I can usually get more for my money there as opposed to CL.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,304,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
Does ebay monitor when/if people don't use paypal?

I personally have had a few folks send me MO's even after this whole "use paypal only" thing started.

There's other reasons why ebay sucks now....such as because they let every vendor known to man, sell their stuff there. I remember when ebay was like a big online swap meet for car parts, w/o all the vendors selling their Chinese built stuff on there. Now if I want/need car stuff I have to sift thru a bunch of b.s. to find what I need.

About the only good thing eBay has going for it, is at least it appeals to a larger audience, and at least I can usually get more for my money there as opposed to CL.
Buyers don't have to use pp, but if you are selling you HAVE to accept it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive