Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose? (Base it on brand, not model)
Acura 31 20.26%
Infiniti 41 26.80%
Lexus 81 52.94%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 04:47 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,718,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Your such a biased fanboy

Motor trend tested the ISF and they achieved 4.3 seconds for 0-60mph
And independent test for the CTS-V have resulted in 3.9 to 4.1 second 0-60mph

The CTS-V has such a massive engine PLUS a supercharger and yet it's only marginally quicker than the ISF

the CTS-V must suffer from the infamous American/GM inefficiency of not being able to put the power down from the crank to the road Hahaaa

Compare a naturally aspirated 'American' V8 to the ISF, please, by all means.

All this tells me that GM needs a massive engine, extra 1.2L and a SUPERCHARGER to compete LMAO

Pethetic.

Look at Cheverlote and their failing Malibore, such an ugly and slow, sluggish piece of trash. Falling sales as usual. It had to get a 'emergency' update LMAO

GM, such a laughing stock
Ahh look in the mirror young grasshopper before you start petty name-calling.

Please, define for me "marginally quicker" and almost every magazine article I've read states a time of 4.6 seconds, you chose the one and only that gives it a higher time? Every magazine also says that the CTS-V will do 0-60 in UNDER 4 seconds meaning somewhere between 3.9-3.99. Sorry kid but your statements just don't pass muster.

You're just butt-hurt because your precious Lexus brand can't compete. I know I've won an argument when an opponent starts pointing out flaws that are not related to the breadth of the conversation.

Enough of this nonsense, I'm off to Italy for two weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,811,699 times
Marginally quicker as you put it is very expensive once you get to this point. It takes a Porsche Panamera Turbo to exceed the numbers of the CTs-V and then it's razor thin, even less then the gap between the V and the isf and the car costs more then twice as much as the Cadillac - diminishing returns indeed.

The fact that the CTS is cadillac's bigger heavier car should really have Lexus and BMW worried. I have a feeling the ATS-V will make beat an M3 and make an IS-F look absolutely silly.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:01 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,250,514 times
I agree that Lexus and Infiniti (not to mention MB, Audi, BMW) are more luxurious and status-oriented than Acura, but I believe Acura serves a very important gap. Of the three mentioned, I would consider buying an Acura as I think it is the best value and most bang for the buck. The gap between Acura and non-premium brands isn't all that much that it would prevent me from considering one. The price gap between the others and the non-premium brands is enough to keep me from not even considering them. That's my 2 cents.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 PM

I mean seriously, we are looking for an SUV right now, and a new base Acura MDX is not that much more expensive than a new Honda Pilot EX-L AWD and seems a heck of a lot nicer. Anything similar form Lexus or Infiniti is leaps and bounds more expensive.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:06 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,723,232 times
Acura has to be cheaper - its not as good as Lexus or Infiniti. If you want a really nice Honda, get an Acura.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Acura has to be cheaper - its not as good as Lexus or Infiniti. If you want a really nice Honda, get an Acura.
Acura is more than good enough for what we want, let alone need. Acura is a heck of a lot nicer than Honda, although the new Accords (EX-L & up) are pretty nice. The current Honda Pilot is severely lacking for its price, IMHO.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:09 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,628,164 times
I think that if I was in the market for a new suv I'd have to try the MDX, I agree they're nice, real nice. The RX350 from Lexus is far to feminine for my taste and the Jx56 from Infiniti is meh. Don't get me wrong, I love my Infiniti, Acura just seems to prevail with the MDX lines, The Rdx seems overpriced for what you get.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:07 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,203,092 times
Acura's got this one. Lexus used to be very nice and all in the 90s and early 2000s, now they're just over priced Toyotas. The IS250 and IS350 might as well be loaded Corollas with worse safety. The quality has fallen. The pursuit of perfection just doesn't seem to be there anymore. Look generic too. Although I must say the latest Lexuses do look better and do seem to be getting the quality back.

Infiniti is good, but it doesn't seem to be on the same engineering level as Acura.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:49 PM

2,175 posts, read 3,401,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Acura's got this one. Lexus used to be very nice and all in the 90s and early 2000s, now they're just over priced Toyotas. The IS250 and IS350 might as well be loaded Corollas with worse safety. The quality has fallen. The pursuit of perfection just doesn't seem to be there anymore. Look generic too. Although I must say the latest Lexuses do look better and do seem to be getting the quality back.

Infiniti is good, but it doesn't seem to be on the same engineering level as Acura.
Most Acuras are overpriced Hondas with a nicer interior and a chrome beak. Acura's heyday has long passed. That may change with the introduction of the new NSX, but in general Acura's lineup has been in decline for several years.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:29 PM

2,781 posts, read 5,179,745 times
Vehicle brand is all about individual perception and individual experience.

I love our MDX and think it is best value SUV for $, but also loved the G35X at the time (although below the 328). While I had couple of Toyotas, never owned a Lexus but I'm sure it is most reliable brand out there.
If I wanted another Japanese vehicle I would go for:
- sporty sedan (under $50K) = G37 (but stick with BMW for performance, now that I know better)
- SUV = MDX (hard to beat it for a safe, reliable family vehicle)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive