Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 AM

4,233 posts, read 3,777,435 times

Advertisements

I think there are reasons people probably speed up to prevent someone from merging in front of them. They may not necessarilly be doing to it to be an a**hole but maybe you are going slower than they are, or there isnt enough room and they dont want you to squeeze in between. Im not saying there arent a**holes out there but look at the entire situation before assuming people are just speeding up to prevent you from merging over when they see a blinker. I dont see the answer as just not using a turn signal.

I am much more accomodating to those that use blinkers. When I am on the road I am aware of who has not been signaling when changing lanes and pay close attention to them when they are next to me. I wont give them enough room to merge over because of this and those that try to push over get horn blowing as I continue the same speed. Use a blinker and you will get some respect. I am a fair driver but I can be an a**hole too if you dont respect everyone else on the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 07:33 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,629,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I think there are reasons people probably speed up to prevent someone from merging in front of them. They may not necessarilly be doing to it to be an a**hole but maybe you are going slower than they are, or there isnt enough room and they dont want you to squeeze in between. Im not saying there arent a**holes out there but look at the entire situation before assuming people are just speeding up to prevent you from merging over when they see a blinker. I dont see the answer as just not using a turn signal.
When they're sitting in my blind spot for half a mile or more before I turn on my blinker, and then when I do so all of a sudden they accelerate, then they're doing it to be an a**hole. And when they then proceed to match speeds with me so I have to slow down to get into that lane (so I can get off the highway up ahead) then they're being a very special a**hole.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,185,717 times
So let me get this straight.

I'm in your blind-spot (i really don't care how long Ive been there)
and you turn on your blinker and you expect me to slow down so you can cut in front?

I'm not on the road to bow to your wishes.

Your now, suppose to look to see if it is clear.
IF NOT. you have 3 choices.

You slow down
You speed up.
or you wait to see IF the person driving the car next to you will do out of the kindness of their hart will they SPEED up or SLOW down and let you in?

Plain ahead, why are you waiting until the last 300ft to cut across a lane of traffic, to make the exit?

Your blinking blinker does not give you the right of way.

In other words your lane change is not my problem.
I don't want you to cut in right in front of me making me slow down and then to back off to maintain a safe fallowing distance then pass you as I was trying to do until you sped up.

Your the a-hole, thinking your lack of planing and driving skills are my problem.
well I guess they are when you make yourself a hinder to those around you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
When they're sitting in my blind spot for half a mile or more before I turn on my blinker, and then when I do so all of a sudden they accelerate, then they're doing it to be an a**hole. And when they then proceed to match speeds with me so I have to slow down to get into that lane (so I can get off the highway up ahead) then they're being a very special a**hole.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
So let me get this straight.

I'm in your blind-spot (i really don't care how long Ive been there)
and you turn on your blinker and you expect me to slow down so you can cut in front?

I'm not on the road to bow to your wishes.

Your now, suppose to look to see if it is clear.
IF NOT. you have 3 choices.

You slow down
You speed up.
or you wait to see IF the person driving the car next to you will do out of the kindness of their hart will they SPEED up or SLOW down and let you in?

Plain ahead, why are you waiting until the last 300ft to cut across a lane of traffic, to make the exit?

Your blinking blinker does not give you the right of way.

In other words your lane change is not my problem.
I don't want you to cut in right in front of me making me slow down and then to back off to maintain a safe fallowing distance then pass you as I was trying to do until you sped up.

Your the a-hole, thinking your lack of planing and driving skills are my problem.
well I guess they are when you make yourself a hinder to those around you.
Ok, clearly you are either mentally challenged or do not know the situation. Or both, most likely. I could neither slow down nor speed up due to traffic in the way. It was still a mile to the exit, but there was a lot of traffic so i wanted to get moved over early and not cause any issues. I looked, and the guy was in my blind spot but there was still room for me to move over. As a courtesy I turned on my blinker, letting him know I would be moving over and please be aware. And then the a**hole driving the vehicle (probably you or someone like you) decided "No, I want to be an a**hole and block traffic, I don't care if you have to get off the highway, you have to go through me to do it!"

So guess what? Now I will not use my blinker. Now you can just get the ***k out of my way. Clearly politeness is a disadvantage, since you have none, and you're the one I'm competing with that highway for. So stay out of my way or I'm going through you. Since you clearly have no concept of courtesy I will no longer waste my time showing any to the likes of you.

Moral of the story: you want to know why people don't use blinkers? Look in your bathroom mirror in the morning.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM

hahaha

You think your blinking blinker will automatically make everyone around you bow to your wishes. That it gives you the right-of-way?

Good luck with that as I see the other drivers feel the same as I do, as they to did not get out of your way just because you turned on your blinker.

Hey guess what? your the a=hole who wants to drive threw me to get to their exit.

YOUR vehicle has a Brake pedal too, give it a try.
Slow down,
Let the car pass then move over.
It's not rocket scenic.

Stop trying to bully other drivers that have the right-a-way to the lane they are in.

ps
politeness, morals and you want to drive threw me.

Your the one lacking any.
Your the one who is putting lives in danger.

pss

" I looked, and the guy was in my blind spot but there was still room for me to move over."

IF he was in your blind spot THERE was NOT room for you to move over.How did you ever get a drivers LIC?

Last edited by snofarmer; 02-27-2013 at 10:15 AM..

Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,278,175 times
Quote:
hahaha

You think your blinking blinker will automatically make everyone around you bow to your wishes. That it gives you the right-of-way?

Good luck with that as I see the other drivers feel the same as I do, as they to did not get out of your way just because you turned on your blinker.

Hey guess what? your the a=hole who wants to drive threw me to get to their exit.

YOUR vehicle has a Brake pedal too, give it a try.
Slow down,
Let the car pass then move over.
It's not rocket scenic.

Stop trying to bully other drivers that have the right-a-way to the lane they are in.

ps
politeness, morals and you want to drive threw me.

Your the one lacking any.
Your the one who is putting lives in danger.

pss

" I looked, and the guy was in my blind spot but there was still room for me to move over."

IF he was in your blind spot THERE was NOT room for you to move over.How did you ever get a drivers LIC?
Agreed. He could have waited till the car passed him then got over or let off the pedal and waited till the driver passed throw on the turn signal and get over. Done. People are stupid.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
Agreed. He could have waited till the car passed him then got over or let off the pedal and waited till the driver passed throw on the turn signal and get over. Done. People are stupid.
are you guys challenged or something? THE CAR DID NOT PASS. THE CAR PULLED UP NEXT TO ME AND MATCHED SPEED.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM

So use the brake peddle,or stomp on the go pedal and remove yourself from the situation, stop engaging in road games.
Your making yourself to be part of the road rage problem.

Why were you in the left lane if you were not passing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
are you guys challenged or something? THE CAR DID NOT PASS. THE CAR PULLED UP NEXT TO ME AND MATCHED SPEED.
challenged... from a guy that thinks he has the right to drive threw another motorist.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 AM

4,233 posts, read 3,777,435 times
Was there anyone behind the guy that was matching your speed? Why not just slow way down if you really needed to get over? I doubt that he was simply playing the a**hole game because you chose to merge...there has to be more to it than that. As others have said, using a blinker is being respectful but does not give you permission to merge over. If there isnt ample space to merge dont put your blinker on..wait until there is enough room.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
So use the brake peddle,or stomp on the go pedal and remove yourself from the situation, stop engaging in road games.
Your making yourself to be part of the road rage problem.

Why were you in the left lane if you were not passing?

challenged... from a guy that thinks he has the right to drive threw another motorist.
Again challenged person, car ahead of me, car right on my rear bumper. Now go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive