Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,282,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
He was in my blind spot until I turned on my blinker. Then he moved up. The only hole is in your head.
If he was in your blind spot you didn't have room to get over without literally crashing. I would have sped up too and then you would have had ample room after I passed you to get over. That simple and easy to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,199,205 times
Well there you go,
You now have a reason to justify your actions.

It's someones else fault you act the way you do.
Got it.

I now understand why they boxed you in.

Quote:
Do you have issues with reading comprehension? Is English your third language or something? Get lost before you embarrass yourself further. You're just proving that you're one of the reasons people don't bother being courteous on the road anymore: because they're tired of the likes of you.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,634,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
If he was in your blind spot you didn't have room to get over without literally crashing. I would have sped up too and then you would have had ample room after I passed you to get over. That simple and easy to understand.
Again, he didn't pass. I can't possibly make that any simpler or easier to understand. He moved up from my blind spot to parallel me without passing.

Normally I don't like people "hanging out" in my blind spot to begin with but as I said, there was another a** in the left lane enforcing their own personal 64.9 MPH speed limit and some jerk right behind me crawling up my tailpipe, probably annoyed at the person in front of me but making it too dangerous to slow down right away.

It's very clear that some people in this thread either A. simply don't understand what jerks some drivers can be, or B. are in fact the jerks some drivers can be and need to justify their jerky-ness. If you're A, count yourself lucky. If you're B, just shut up already, you're making yourselves look like idiots to normal people like me.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Again, he didn't pass. I can't possibly make that any simpler or easier to understand. He moved up from my blind spot to parallel me without passing.

Normally I don't like people "hanging out" in my blind spot to begin with but as I said, there was another a** in the left lane enforcing their own personal 64.9 MPH speed limit and some jerk right behind me crawling up my tailpipe, probably annoyed at the person in front of me but making it too dangerous to slow down right away.

It's very clear that some people in this thread either A. simply don't understand what jerks some drivers can be, or B. are in fact the jerks some drivers can be and need to justify their jerky-ness. If you're A, count yourself lucky. If you're B, just shut up already, you're making yourselves look like idiots to normal people like me.
So he paralleled you and now you are officially boxed in with cars front,back, and side to side of you? BS....you did something wrong to **** off 4 people.

Ill be a jerk any day to you on the road. You have no idea how to drive. You don't get boxed in if you are a "normal" driver.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 PM

194 posts, read 301,483 times
Quote:
are you guys challenged or something? THE CAR DID NOT PASS. THE CAR PULLED UP NEXT TO ME AND MATCHED SPEED.
Should have rammed it.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 AM

15,471 posts, read 25,919,643 times
Quote:

Why didn't you just slow down and get behind the dude in your blind spot? So what if the tailgater behind you has to slow down too. That's their problem, not yours.

I will add one thing. Sometimes when I'm in the blind spot, and you put on your blinker, I don't see it due to the window frame on my windshield blocking the view temporarily.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,634,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Why didn't you just slow down and get behind the dude in your blind spot? So what if the tailgater behind you has to slow down too. That's their problem, not yours.
I do realize if he hits me it's his fault but I'm still not anxious to possibly total my car secure in the knowledge that it's someone else's fault. And my job isn't going to care if it wasn't his fault, they just want me to get into the office and keeping my transportation drivable is my problem not theirs. Seriously it took a WHILE for this guy to back off, he was yet another one of those wonderful drivers we have in NY.

Another one today decided to go off-road to make a right hand turn on a red light in front of everyone else waiting at the light, because the road wasn't wide enough to let people behind the first car turn right. And I'm sure there's plenty of people on this thread that are cheering him on, despite the fact that he nearly caused an accident turning into traffic.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,199,205 times
What a lame excuse or justifications.

What, are your brakes are all or none.

You eased up and he did too.
He didn't hit you, did he.

Now your worried about damaging your car?
Earlier you were threatening to just drive threw the car next to you so you could get to your off ramp.

Quote:
I do realize if he hits me it's his fault but I'm still not anxious to possibly total my car secure in the knowledge that it's someone else's fault. And my job isn't going to care if it wasn't his fault, they just want me to get into the office and keeping my transportation drivable is my problem not theirs. Seriously it took a WHILE for this guy to back off, he was yet another one of those wonderful drivers we have in NY.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:

Another one today decided to go off-road to make a right hand turn on a red light in front of everyone else waiting at the light, because the road wasn't wide enough to let people behind the first car turn right. And I'm sure there's plenty of people on this thread that are cheering him on, despite the fact that he nearly caused an accident turning into traffic.
If you "let off the pedal" your not going to drop 15mph. You will slowly decrease and the guy behind you will also slow down. After you have decreased in speed you get over. Hell slow down to 20mph if the idiot to the right keeps trying to stay right next to you. I doubt this would be needed though and you could have got over and wouldn't have to have a hissy fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive