Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,597,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
boy back in the day the wheel in my old 60's Chevy's were much bigger then what i have in my s2000 now. But what's std in cars these days seems fine, remember the wheel is not just for a quick lane change, but complete turns, parking, and full manuevering. I'd hate to see someone in a panic situation trying to go hand over hand in something smaller then what's already in a car and still have good control. Not to mention unless the OP's car is older the air bag could be an issue as well.
I dont know why but visualizing someone panicking in traffic with a tiny steering wheel made me crack up. LOL.

Last edited by louie0406; 07-13-2012 at 07:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 08:44 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,809,890 times
Be a real man and get you one of those Knight Rider steering wheels.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:04 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,305,436 times
I had a friend whose steering wheel on his 1969 Camaro came completely off in rush hour traffic in Kansas City. The center just basically disintegrated from age. Fortunately he had a pair of Vise Grips sitting on the passenger seat and the presence of mind to grab them and attach them to the rod that the wheel was formerly attached to. Being extremely frugal, he actually drove the car like that for several weeks until he was able to make a trip home to his dad's farm in Illinois where he had the tools to properly install an aftermarket steering wheel himself rather than take it to a shop.

Not sure how this story applies; I guess I'm just saying that if you don't like the size of your steering wheel maybe you should try using Vise Grips instead and see if you like that better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive