Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:13 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,718,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In the late seventies, the luxury coupe was a much sort after vehicle.
Some like the 78 Diamond Jubilee Edition, were many thousands of dollars above the standard models, and they offered that bit of class that has long since disappeared.
The interiors were ultra plush, and the ride was incredibly smooth.
This particular one shown, I owned for almost twenty years before selling it.
It is the 78 mark v Diamond Jubilee Edition.
Originally the exterior was jubilee gold, but after many years with the gold,I decided to have it repainted black, and leaving just enough gold to keep it interesting.
One would be hard pressed to find the quality, and comfort of the interior in today's vehicles.

Bob.
I grew up watching Dallas and still remember Jock Ewing's Lincoln Mark V! I still would LOVE to have a car such as that. As far as style...they had it ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 10:32 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,256,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
I owned the last affordable RWD "American brand" grand touring coupe. MSRP was a bit over $32k. Did 0-60 in 4.8 seconds or so, and did the 1/4 13.0@108mph off the showroom floor.

I regret selling it to this day.

2006 Pontiac GTO - Brazen Orange Metalic

Yeah, the new 5.0 Mustangs are the new bargain, but the GTO 7 years ago was just a great all around car for the money.
I still have mine-

I sold my Mark VIII when I bought the '05 GTO.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:21 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,571,607 times
Buick made an attempt to revive the Riviera name with a two door coupe version of the Buick Park Avenue with the supercharge Buick 3800 series engine (very good engine). The styling was a love it or hate it, most hated it including those who remembered the Riviera. In this day and age I wouldn't want such a vehicle again. I remember those huge heavy doors and trying to crawl out a partially opened door because of small parking space, much smaller today.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:16 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,315,287 times
I love personal luxury coupes, from teh Lincoln marks to the Olds Toronado Trofeo, to the new CTSV, but truth be old, my favorites come from Europe and none are new. The original BMW 6 series and 8 series cars, the Mercedes 500 SEC, and my personal favorite, the '75-77 Jaguar XJ12C:

I wish Jag had made this car in a more modern form, so I photoshopped one to see what it would look like:

I also photoshopped a 7 series like my own daily driver as I would LOVE to have one...

Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,256,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
I love personal luxury coupes, from teh Lincoln marks to the Olds Toronado Trofeo, to the new CTSV, but truth be old, my favorites come from Europe and none are new. The original BMW 6 series and 8 series cars, the Mercedes 500 SEC, and my personal favorite, the '75-77 Jaguar XJ12C:

I wish Jag had made this car in a more modern form, so I photoshopped one to see what it would look like:

I also photoshopped a 7 series like my own daily driver as I would LOVE to have one...
I never knew that Jag came in a 2 door version. I like it.

I thought your BMW blew up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive