Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,854,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Obviously my assumption was correct...

You think that was nasty and mean spirited? WAAAHHH! I suggested you stop smoking, which can never be viewed as a mean spirited thing to say. Once you buy the tools I mentioned, it should have been obvious to use them to retrieve the garage door opener. That would be a much better use of the money you spend on cigarettes.

Yes, I'm an ex-smoker and as such get on my anti-smoking soapbox sometimes.
Don't get everything all bunched up.
I actually missed the advice to buy and inspection mirror which i can afford whether or not i smoke a couple of cigarettes a day.
Thanks.
I've been dealing with a toxic whacko thread over on another forum so i probably overreacted.
Congrats on quitting.
I'm almost there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 06:42 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,243,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
I'm almost there.
Keep it up. I can give you a hundred reasons why you should quit, and a lot of ways to help you quit, but you must want to before it will happen.

Good luck with that, and with digging out the opener. If the opener fell in, it should be able to be pulled out, rather than taking anything apart to get to it.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:07 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,854,655 times
Quote:
Keep it up. I can give you a hundred reasons why you should quit, and a lot of ways to help you quit, but you must want to before it will happen.

Good luck with that, and with digging out the opener. If the opener fell in, it should be able to be pulled out, rather than taking anything apart to get to it.
Oh, after way too many years of smoking i know all of the reasons to quit.
I rue the day that i smoked my first cigarette.
Thank you.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:27 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,731,276 times
I dreamt about smoking for almost 15 years after I stopped. Weird.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:03 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,910,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Hi car folks,
I haven't had an ashtray in it since i ran over it a few years ago.

I knew this was going to be a great post from the moment I saw that.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:16 PM

24,493 posts, read 26,038,861 times
And it's gone off topic.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:28 PM

4 posts, read 13,450 times
Default OCV Problem

Bad !!!!! mistake buying a Subaru after owning Toyotas for many years.
New 2014 XV Crosstrek CEL ON, needs Oil Control Valve. Means disassembly of Engine. Wont cost me, under warrantee but obviously a piece of junk car that I will be paying for the next 5 years.

Not to mention the car will be in the shop for two weeks.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:45 PM

176 posts, read 420,641 times
Quote:
Stop smoking. That will solve several problems for you. With the money you save by not smoking 2 packs of cigarettes, go buy an inspection mirror and a small flashlight. The rest should be obvious.
You obviously have the personality of a pet rock.
As if it is any of your business if this person smokes or not if this person smoked 2 packs a day they would most likely have that ash tray.
I hate when someone is looking for advice for something and someone goes off on some totally of in another direction.
This is the automotive section not the political or self help or what ever your going for.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:04 PM

528 posts, read 824,512 times
If the remote has a metal clip like mine does you may be able to fish it out with one of these.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:24 AM

998 posts, read 1,240,107 times
Dudes ... the original post is 3 years old in all likelihood the problem has been solved or the car's been sold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive