Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 05:10 PM

8,953 posts, read 20,763,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
I am in the market for a used car. I have decided to purchase a used car that is still under warranty so I can get it fixed by the dealer for the first year or so.

Here is my dilemma: Many of the used cars I have been test driving seem fine but when I stop at a stop light I notice they idol roughly or have a vibration sound coming from under the hood. The dealer sales person who is driving with me first tells me that I am imagining the sound and he does not hear anything. Then when pressed he said, well yes, I hear something but don't worry if it bothers you in the future the car is still under warranty, they will fix it.

But will they? It is not a repair of something that has broken down, but instead, it is a vibration sound, or a sense on my part that the idling is rough. What will they say if I complain about vibration sounds and try to get it fixed as part of the 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty?
And pigs fly too! This is car salesman talk ,i.e. lies, that would make me run like crazy off that lot!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive