Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American Muscle Cars, Which One Would You Choose?
Camaro 20 21.51%
Challanger 14 15.05%
Mustang 35 37.63%
Tough Choice 7 7.53%
I'll Stick With The Old Classics 9 9.68%
They're Nice, But Not Interested 8 8.60%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:20 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,236,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
not sure the boss 302 version sells for 40K off the lot and should run with a Z06 on the track

YouTube - ‪Driven: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca‬‏
it is getting pretty close to nissian GT-R and porsche GT3 numbers on the track so not bad for a factory produced mustang you can buy off the showroom floor if you have $40K.
Yea, but It's still a Mustang at the end of the day. Not that it's a bad thing, just I'd rather be in a Corvette. Especially since the looks are superior imo and that's more important than a second on a 0-60 time, or whatever the difference is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 01:33 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,424,653 times
I've had an 09 Challenger R/T for two years and it's hands down the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. In addition to looking 100 times better than the other two, it's a quality car. The ride is incredibly comfortable and the interior doesn't feel like it's a plastic toy. It's also pretty spacious, while the other two feel a bit cramped.

It was fairly quick stock, but I threw a new exhaust and throttle on it and it's even quicker. The heavy car takes a short time to get used to, but once you do, you'll never go back. You can feel the quality in the car when you drive. Especially with a nice set of Pirellis . While it's just SLIGHTLY slower off the line, I will put it up against the Camaro and Mustang on the highway and watch them in the rearview. It feels at home cruising at 85-90.

If you're looking for a quality ride that's not a piece of plastic, look at the Challenger. I've not met a disappointed owner.

Last edited by kevcrawford; 06-04-2011 at 02:23 PM..

Old 06-06-2011, 05:59 PM

498 posts, read 1,455,224 times
Mustang would be my sensible, long-term choice. I'd prefer the Challenger if I had the bucks and just wanted an extra, fun car. Though the Camaro looks awesome, they just feel too awkward from the inside, like you're in a hotwheels racer.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:20 PM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Well, let's see, I had a 64 1/2 Mustang 2+2 that was once featured in Car Craft Magazine, also had a 1972 Dodge Challenger and a 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus. All were good cars that I enjoyed. Favorite would be leaning toward the Mustang. My favorite of all time was my 72 Red Detomaso Pantera.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:47 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Well, let's see, I had a 64 1/2 Mustang 2+2 that was once featured in Car Craft Magazine, also had a 1972 Dodge Challenger and a 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus. All were good cars that I enjoyed. Favorite would be leaning toward the Mustang. My favorite of all time was my 72 Red Detomaso Pantera.
LOL.. I'll have to remember to include the DeTomasso Pantera with the next favorite car poll.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:25 PM

31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Challenger styling
Mustang for lightest weight
Camaro for best power plant

Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,872,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Challenger styling
Mustang for lightest weight
Camaro for best power plant

best powerplant in the Camaro? How so? The Boss has MORE hp, less weight, true racing innards and revs *way* higher then the SS engine. And gets better gas mileage cause its smaller.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:01 AM

31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
best powerplant in the Camaro? How so? The Boss has MORE hp, less weight, true racing innards and revs *way* higher then the SS engine. And gets better gas mileage cause its smaller.
Comparing the two against each other, and I'll use the GT since that is the direct competition to the SS. And reving higher just means more wear and shorter life.

Chevy-LS3-Lighter, more cubes, More HP, smaller outer dimensions, more power under the curve, More torque, less expensive to mod. Simpler design. Easier to program, worse EPA gas mileage.

Ford GT Mustang engine-Heavier, less cubes, less HP, Gigantic outer dimensions. Power doesn't come on until much higher rpm, less torque, DOHC is more complicated, More expensive to modify, Better gas mileage.

While Ford did good work on the Mustang and it is lighter and more agile than the Camaro SS, but the DOHC Ford engine is gigantic, small cubes and is more complicated compared to the LS3. Just for a simple cam(s) swap you are going to pay much (3 times?) more for the Mustang than a Camaro.

You are obviously a pro Ford guy so you proably can't be swayed, but all I have to do is point to the after market and all of the vehicles including many older Mustangs that are getting LS1 and later Chevy motors put into them.

If the Mustang had the SS motor in it it would even be better!

Old 06-10-2011, 12:34 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Yes please. Any is fine. I will give you the shipping address tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:35 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,381,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Comparing the two against each other, and I'll use the GT since that is the direct competition to the SS. And reving higher just means more wear and shorter life.

Chevy-LS3-Lighter, more cubes, More HP, smaller outer dimensions, more power under the curve, More torque, less expensive to mod. Simpler design. Easier to program, worse EPA gas mileage.

Ford GT Mustang engine-Heavier, less cubes, less HP, Gigantic outer dimensions. Power doesn't come on until much higher rpm, less torque, DOHC is more complicated, More expensive to modify, Better gas mileage.

While Ford did good work on the Mustang and it is lighter and more agile than the Camaro SS, but the DOHC Ford engine is gigantic, small cubes and is more complicated compared to the LS3. Just for a simple cam(s) swap you are going to pay much (3 times?) more for the Mustang than a Camaro.

You are obviously a pro Ford guy so you proably can't be swayed, but all I have to do is point to the after market and all of the vehicles including many older Mustangs that are getting LS1 and later Chevy motors put into them.

If the Mustang had the SS motor in it it would even be better!
If the Camaro had the Ford FR9 engine it would out run the Mustang and the LS 1

BTW the Coyote 5.0 engine is not the same as the 5.4 engine used in the GT 500 Mustangs.
It is a much smaller package and fits in the Mustang much better than the 5.4

The only guys putting Chevy motors in Mustangs are Chevy guys who know the Fox Body Mustang makes a better race package.
Ford guys run Ford engines and nobody is going to put a Ford engine in those overweight and not very good looking Camaros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive