Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:22 AM

310 posts, read 1,025,411 times

Advertisements

How about a compromise? If you can afford it, go for the Elantra Touring wagon.

Hyundai Elantra Touring 2012 | Review Specs Features & Prices | Hyundai

And residual values shouldn't be a concern anymore. They are now in the top 3 for resale:

https://www.alg.com/residual-value-awards.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 03:09 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I was parked next to the Honda Fit at the grocery store yesterday so I got a good look at it. It seems pretty small but did have some room inside and could have some decent cargo space with the rear seats folded down. Styling was bland but not boxy.
Last week I got a pretty good look at a Chevy Sonic hatchback at a restaturant and it seemed like a larger vehicle. Coincidentally at the same grocery store I was parked near a Sonic sedan and looke dit over. It seemed like a bigger car than i would have thought. The Cruze, Sonic, and Volt all kind of share the same looks and size, IMO.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:58 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,299 times
The Fit is classified as a subcompact a la the Accent, which recently finished first in a seven-car comparison test among compacts in Automobile Magazine.

I'd have to find the magazine, but the Fiesta came in dead last in that showdown, and is getting drubbed in the marketplace--it's about the only 'dog' in Ford's otherwise robust product lineup.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,537,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The Fit is classified as a subcompact a la the Accent, which recently finished first in a seven-car comparison test among compacts in Automobile Magazine.

I'd have to find the magazine, but the Fiesta came in dead last in that showdown, and is getting drubbed in the marketplace--it's about the only 'dog' in Ford's otherwise robust product lineup.
That is just one comparison, not all of them

Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 AM

43 posts, read 89,830 times
The Hyundai Accent would be the competitor to the Honda Fit, but thats ok.

I drove the new Elantra before, and its a very nice car. Ugly on the outside (personal opinion).

Quick dealer test drives just don't cut it unfortunately, but I say still test drive them both.

The Hyundai tends to have more trouble meeting the EPA fuel rattings, and the Fit will not have a problem with the real-world fuel rattings.

The Fit will have a noticeable nosier interior cabin, sadly a current plague with Honda. You may find the Hyundai has a quieter cabin, but the small-displacement 4-cylinder will still noticeably buzz under load.. but Hyundai did a excellent job isolating the engine noise from the cabin.

Do you want a somewhat sporty feeling? With no questionable doubt, the Fit will have a more sportier feel to it, especially the steering. Hyundai's steering frankly... sucks.

Its a tough call; if only Honda would refine their cars a bit and match its competitors cabin isolation.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,455 times
Default Honda or Hyundai

I owned a 2011 Honda Fit Sport that I bought used with 2K miles. After 7 months of owning the car someone broadsided us, straight into the passenger door at about 40-50 miles per hour, which totalled the car. My daughter who was sitting in the passenger seat didn't even have a bruise. I had quite a few, mostly from the seatbelts. The Honda fit is as safe as they come!! And my insurance valued the car for $2600 more than what I paid. I found this forum after asking elantra or fit....think I'm going back to the fit!

Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,299 times
I'm glad you found this forum, and I'm sorry about your accident, but at least you & your daughter wound up safe and sound.

Enjoy your new Fit whenever you back to it.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:54 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,584,251 times
I'll take the hyundai. The fit in my opinion looks like a baby's first walking shoe.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:23 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,892,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
I'm throwing in the towel on my 11 Elantra. The first 7k was troublefree. Today I stepped on the gas and my 13 month, 23,500 car let a cloud of blue smoke out the back that looked like a crop duster. I thought I noticed a similar cloud a couple of weeks ago but attributed it to one of the older cars around me. Today my wife was driving right behind me and couldn't believe what she saw coming out of my car.

I've never had any new car that I've owned ever show even a hint of blue smoke before 100k.

Sorry Hyundai, you lost me and my recommendation.
so what was the problem with your vehicle after you took it in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive