Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:27 PM

3,069 posts, read 9,187,939 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the dealers know that the big gas sucker trucks and cars are now WORTH MUCH LESS because of the now very very expensive operating cost. I bet they dont want to talk about that....How much have they cut the prices because of it? I bet they have not.Scammers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 05:09 PM

34,288 posts, read 83,827,317 times
Funny
I just bought a used Monte Carlo and mpg didn't come up even once in the discussions.

a) I drive so little that mpg really doesn't matter
b) I got it for a *great* price
c) The RV is now parked for the duration (will sell or move to FL before winter)

Old 05-10-2011, 05:22 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,933,407 times
I guess they don't want to talk about the war in Afghanistan, tornadoes in the south, flooding along the Mississippi, missing children, stock market drops, ongoing housing market or any of another ten thousand negative things going on that might psyche someone out of buying a car.

Do you know how sales work? Surely you've sold something in your life. Do you bring things up to lower the value of what you are trying to sell or do you only talk about the positive. Maybe they'll have to hang on to some of the trucks a little longer until gas prices settle, maybe the factory comes in with bigger incentives. Or maybe you just have to deal with the fact that they aren't dropping their drawers to take whatever low ball offer you made on that expedition or armada or whatever it is you want so bad but couldn't get and are so bitter about.

Ha ha, "scammers". That's funny.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:04 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,157,721 times
Anyone out purchasing a vehicle should already know what it's MPG rating is, if not try looking on the sticker stuck on the window, doesn't take a whole lot of effort, about as much as it took to start this useless thread.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 PM

24,734 posts, read 26,333,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Anyone out purchasing a vehicle should already know what it's MPG rating is, if not try looking on the sticker stuck on the window, doesn't take a whole lot of effort, about as much as it took to start this useless thread.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:47 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,217,421 times
It really is fairly pointless thread. I'm all for fuel efficient vehicles but trucks are what they are because of the work they are designed to do.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:48 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,453,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I wonder if the dealers know that the big gas sucker trucks and cars are now WORTH MUCH LESS because of the now very very expensive operating cost. I bet they dont want to talk about that....How much have they cut the prices because of it? I bet they have not.Scammers!
If you don't believe the price is fair, don't buy.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:21 PM

3,069 posts, read 9,187,939 times
Gas just jumped to 398 a gallon here today ,up 4 cents from this time yesterday....The dealers lots will soon be full of unsold cars and trucks..

Old 05-10-2011, 08:26 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,131 posts, read 82,552,737 times
$4.15 in Seattle today. The dealers have economical cars too, if people want them. If someone is in looking at a big V8 SUV or pickup why should the dealer mention gas prices? It obviously doesn't matter to the potential buyer or he'd be looking at a Prius. I don't care how hig gas goes, even $10, there are those people that need or want big vehicles and will buy them. They may sit more. Even the several Prius owners I know have a gas guzzler sitting next to it in the garage.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:27 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,384,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
They bascially know that the automakers have plenty of room to bargian on those trucks and SUVs because the really small auto have little room for negoiation.Many will buy the trucks because they want and need them plus they will get incetives whilre smaller vehicle will be sold at or above MSRP. The real suckers are those who buy not realising that the overall cost to own will be higher. They will just make up their profits on higher sales at higher prices to the real suckers who can't add.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive