Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,739 times

Advertisements

my dad 02 sienna and seems like oil is slowely going away
so i took to the mechanic who rent the grage at body shop.

later he called me and go pick up part at checkers(oil and other stuff i dont know) and saying will be done in 3days.

4th day we went there see, and saw engine part are took out. he was telling us we need pay him some money now or take the car. we got no choice since car is not drivable so we had pay him 300 with cash since he claim that he doesn't have bank account.

after 1week he called us go pick engine part that cleaned up by 3rd party.
and they billed us 380 and had to checkers to get some part he ordered. it cost me another 170+.

after 1week he came to my dad and ask another 80 dollar so he can buy some bolt. so he gave him 80 with cash again

we waited for 3weeks and still not done and found out he work at other place too.

we went his other work place ask when are you gonna finish it(we need car asap since my parents are sick have to ge see doctor regulary) but he harassed us like saying &*&***% since your guys bother me i wont do your car! and we told him we gonna file police report. and he told us "go head, i dont give a %@#.

the problem is we dont have any info about him only his first name and he is driving car w/o license plate so i coudn't get plate number.

any idea guys?
by the way english is my 2nd language
hope you guys understand what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 PM

670 posts, read 1,104,919 times
Holy cow!

First thing - did you ask for receipts each time you gave him cash?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,739 times
no. no receipts. he doesn't have anything like that.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:28 AM

699 posts, read 2,219,893 times
go to the owner of the body shop and find out who exactly this man is and where to find him.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:02 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,141,957 times
Friend. I think that before you own a car here you need to learn our language and learn how our automobile service industry works, First you get an estimate in writing before you commit to the repair, Then you pay with a credit card . If the car is not fixed after you get it home you then can STOP THE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT. and the mechanic will have to fix the car or not be paid.Any honest mechanic will not insist on cash but accept a credit/debit card or check....You have been ripped off my friend.. In english that means "screwed"..sorry

Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM

1,977 posts, read 6,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Friend. I think that before you own a car here you need to learn our language and learn how our automobile service industry works, First you get an estimate in writing before you commit to the repair, Then you pay with a credit card . If the car is not fixed after you get it home you then can STOP THE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT. and the mechanic will have to fix the car or not be paid.Any honest mechanic will not insist on cash but accept a credit/debit card or check....You have been ripped off my friend.. In english that means "screwed"..sorry
I think one of the things you can not put a stop payment on with the credit card is car repairs. I guess so many did this because the car was not fixed to their liking that they did away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive