Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 PM

97 posts, read 274,995 times

Advertisements

I live in Ocala,Florida. Just an hour due east on highway 40 is Daytona speeday. I go to the races all the time, all of them. Even Homestead-Miami for many years,Atlanta,Talladega.
But as much as I love the races I think the tracks should take better care and have more thought for the fans.
I wend to all the races last year in February and July in the FANZONE there is only ONE drinking fountain and it is in the area with the wall climb. Thats it. They want you to buy their water for their price of $6 per bottle.
Stop charging those prices for food and everything else.
Right now with the economy people just cant spend like they did 3-10 years ago. They need to be more FAN friendly.
Instead of pure greedy.
I was at the race last year and for all 3 races the BACKSTRETCH (LUND) was blocked off. No tickets were sold in that area. Be fan friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 03:09 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,904,263 times
LOL...if NASCAR was "fan friendly", they would still be racing in North Wilkesboro, Rockingham, etc. They haven't been good to the fans in ANY form in years.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:40 PM

97 posts, read 274,995 times
Default your right

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
LOL...if NASCAR was "fan friendly", they would still be racing in North Wilkesboro, Rockingham, etc. They haven't been good to the fans in ANY form in years.
No truer words has ever been spoked about NASCAR

Old 05-26-2010, 09:57 AM

17 posts, read 71,808 times
NASCAR is a BIG business. And they go where the MONEY is. As such, they are really not that fan friendly, thus they sponsor and hold races where they can make the most $$$. Plus the price for tickets can be quite high when you buy 4. To some families, it is a weeks salary. As stated, everything is high, at every park, food, drink and race souvenirs.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:32 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,834,126 times
Maybe someone can name me a major league sport that is "fan-friendly". The OP and others simply mention $$$ as the reason NASCAR is not fan friendly.

Which of the major league sports allows fans to go behind the scenes, into the garage areas etc... How many have their top stars available for autographs almost constantly? Which sport has set aside land for camping and partying? Or which ones have major entertainment prior to the start of their event, included in the price?

Every major league sporting venue will have higher prices on food and beverages than you can by at your local Walmart. That's just the way they make money...do I like it? No.

As for leaving some of their former tracks...yeah it stinks. But there are already too many races now. The season is too long. Back in the early part of NASCAR they have two or more major events per week! That's one reason Richard Petty won 200 races.

All major league sports are out for the almighty dollar. That's why organizations move from one city to another. NASCAR has lost a lot of fans at the track due to the economy and they are trying to adjust for that by offering some nice ticket packages also.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM

124 posts, read 163,522 times
What other sport lets you come into the venue with your own cooler?
If you don't want to pay excessive food and drink prices you can bring your own.
Doesn't get any more fan friendly than that.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:57 AM

11 posts, read 15,902 times
It should be fan friendly after all. Where else do we see so many RVs parked along with fans drooling over their favorite driver? It has turned out to be a big sponsorship business.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:43 AM

13 posts, read 11,478 times
I find it hard to believe that it’s not fan friendly. We get to see our stars and get a chance to get autographs as well. What else defines fan friendly?

Old 06-26-2010, 03:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,868,581 times
sports doesnt get more fan friendly than nascar, or other auto racing. where else can you have a tailgate party inside the sporting venue? where else can you get down near the field of play? when was the last average football, or any other, game that had all the pomp and circumstance and shows that the fans get to watch before the main show? where else can you see a ten car pile up and not be in it?(just for those that watch only to see the wrecks)? what other sport allows you to essentially visit the locker rooms, in the case of auto racing the garage area? how many drivers charge you for their autograph?

Old 07-17-2010, 10:39 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,362,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
sports doesnt get more fan friendly than nascar, or other auto racing. where else can you have a tailgate party inside the sporting venue? where else can you get down near the field of play? when was the last average football, or any other, game that had all the pomp and circumstance and shows that the fans get to watch before the main show? where else can you see a ten car pile up and not be in it?(just for those that watch only to see the wrecks)? what other sport allows you to essentially visit the locker rooms, in the case of auto racing the garage area? how many drivers charge you for their autograph?
I was going to mention the "tailgate party" thing. The only track I have been to is Texas. At TMS, they allow fans to bring in their own ice chests full of beer. Try bringing in a single can of beer to a football game and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing