Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 03:10 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,873,659 times

Advertisements

Pit stops performed by Victoria Secrets model in lingerie. Bonus points awarded for hottest pit crew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 09:18 AM

3,378 posts, read 5,016,353 times
1. Ditch the COT (seriously it doesn't even look like NASCAR anymore!)
2. Bring back the old Winston Cup points system
3. Let drivers get aggressive again (Dale Sr.)
4. At least let it be Restrictor plate racing again
5. Stop trying too hard to not offend people
6. Get back to southern roots
7. Call it the Winston Cup and Busch Series again
8. Rubbin' is Racin'
9. Let NASCAR be like it was from 1998-2000
10. Let drivers settle things like men!

Old 12-19-2009, 01:52 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,936,336 times
Drop the green flag at 12:15PM (Eastern) for all Sunday afternoon races, except the ones in the Pacific time zone. They can start at 3:15PM (Eastern). All Saturday night races must start by 7:15PM (Eastern). This will also allow for a 15 minute pre-race show. No more than that is needed!

Old 12-19-2009, 11:38 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,602,687 times
How about racing "stock" (production) cars instead of those specialized, custom made machines they're using now. You can't go to your local dealer to purchase the base vehicle for what they are running at the track. For instance, has anyone tried going to the Ford dealer for a two door, rear wheel drive, V-8 powered Fusion lately? Or how about a two door, rear wheel drive, V-8 powered Camry from your local Toyota dealer? Or a similarly configured Monte Carlo from Chevy or Intrepid from Dodge?

Ford, Toyota, Dodge, and Chevy don't build 'em, so why does NASCAR race 'em? It used to be that a model had to be produced in a minimum quantity of 500 (or something like that) before it was legal to race it.

If they're going to call it "stock car" racing, perhaps they should start with a stock car, or at least a car in its stock configuration.

This would also make the manufacturers produce some more interesting vehicles, at least a few of them each year.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:28 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,738,412 times
Yeah eliminate the owners points. Aggressive driving is fine. and if you say the race starts at 1:05pm EST. Then start the damn race at 1:05pm EST. i don't mind watching the pregame but over an hour?! COME ON!!!! DO what the NFL does and have the pregame at 12. GOD!! and i thought Gary Bettman of the NHL was stupid

Old 12-21-2009, 09:23 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,936,336 times
I really see 2010 being a watershed year for the sport. If they can't turn it around next season, then I think they'll lose a big chunk of people that have been tolerating the sports over the past decade.

The economy is not getting much better. Fans are finding better ways to spend their time and money. The racing is poor. The tv coverage is less than fan friendly. The cars are not popular. The drivers are blase (especially the one that keeps winning). The Chase didn't revive the sport. Rule changes (except the double file restart) and mystery cautions are laughable. Sponsorships are getting more scarce.

C'mon NASCAR, get it together. Don't kill our sport!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 AM

555 posts, read 1,575,028 times
NASCAR did something good at least by sending the Nationwide cars to Road America.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:19 PM

97 posts, read 275,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
go back to the real points system
get rid of the cot
get rid of brian france and mike helton

why is this so hard to figure out?
yes!yes!yes!
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 PM

97 posts, read 275,102 times
Default Nascar, i love it but take care of the fans

I live in Ocala,Florida. Just an hour due east on highway 40 is Daytona speeday. I go to the races all the time, all of them. Even Homestead-Miami for many years,Atlanta,Talladega.
But as much as I love the races I think the tracks should take better care and have more thought for the fans.
I wend to all the races last year in February and July in the FANZONE there is only ONE drinking fountain and it is in the area with the wall climb. Thats it. They want you to buy their water for their price of $6 per bottle.
Stop charging those prices for food and everything else.
Right now with the economy people just cant spend like they did 3-10 years ago. They need to be more FAN friendly.
Instead of pure greedy.
I was at the race last year and for all 3 races the BACKSTRETCH (LUND) was blocked off. No tickets were sold in that area. Be fan friendly.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:31 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,219,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
1. Ditch the COT (seriously it doesn't even look like NASCAR anymore!)
2. Bring back the old Winston Cup points system
3. Let drivers get aggressive again (Dale Sr.)
4. At least let it be Restrictor plate racing again
5. Stop trying too hard to not offend people
6. Get back to southern roots
7. Call it the Winston Cup and Busch Series again
8. Rubbin' is Racin'
9. Let NASCAR be like it was from 1998-2000
10. Let drivers settle things like men!

gotta disagree with #7 and #10

#7----If Winston and Bush are not dishing out the major money, why should they get the series named after them ?

#10-----if I want to watch professional wrestling, I'll switch to that channel ( or the NHL )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing