Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 11:31 AM

4,314 posts, read 4,002,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Well, she has probably the worst luck in Cup. And those plate tracks require luck. Hence wildcards that never win again somehow win a plate race or two.

What Kyle's done is very impressive. Granted he's almost always had superior cars/teams in Busch but still impressive to win that much.

" she probably has the worst luck "

no luck, no skill, ?...............who says a woman can't go far on just her looks and her body ?

MLB, NFL, NBA, ......they don't need a token woman on a roster in hopes of drawing fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 01:43 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
Well, she has probably the worst luck in Cup. And those plate tracks require luck. Hence wildcards that never win again somehow win a plate race or two.

What Kyle's done is very impressive. Granted he's almost always had superior cars/teams in Busch but still impressive to win that much.
Luck is required.. But you have to be running well AND have luck. And she can't pull off the first part of that.

Look, you run top-5 or top-10 reliably.. You're going to back into a win at some point most likely. Be it via fuel mileage, the leaders taking themselves out.. Whatever. I recall the last Cup race Bobby Labonte won.. Homestead in 2003.. Bill Elliott was cruising to victory and blew a tire on the backstretch. or.. Take everyone's favorite example.. Derrick Cope at Daytona.

You're consistently running 20th to 30th.. It takes more than luck to win.. It about takes a miracle.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:19 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,415 times
Oh I agree, but she has run up front at times and been taken out by whatever, which happens to everyone. I'm not arguing that Danica is a front runner, she's not, but she's no worse than the guys riding around her and better than a fair few.

As to the stick and ball sports, that's a useless argument. Women could never compete on those fields with men, however women can drive Cup as well as any man given the opportunity. There is no doubt about that.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Oh I agree, but she has run up front at times and been taken out by whatever, which happens to everyone. I'm not arguing that Danica is a front runner, she's not, but she's no worse than the guys riding around her and better than a fair few.

As to the stick and ball sports, that's a useless argument. Women could never compete on those fields with men, however women can drive Cup as well as any man given the opportunity. There is no doubt about that.
There is a doubt about that and it will take a woman besides Danica Patrick to dispel that doubt.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Luck is required.. But you have to be running well AND have luck. And she can't pull off the first part of that.

Look, you run top-5 or top-10 reliably.. You're going to back into a win at some point most likely. Be it via fuel mileage, the leaders taking themselves out.. Whatever. I recall the last Cup race Bobby Labonte won.. Homestead in 2003.. Bill Elliott was cruising to victory and blew a tire on the backstretch. or.. Take everyone's favorite example.. Derrick Cope at Daytona.

You're consistently running 20th to 30th.. It takes more than luck to win.. It about takes a miracle.
or how about when earnhardt sr was leading at daytona one year, and broke a vibration dampner which cut a tire, and he lost the race in turn three on the last lap.

yes luck does play a big part in racing. another one was bill elliot spinning with about ten laos to go at rockingham(?) coming out of turn four, was able to duck into the pits change tires and het back out on the track without losing a lap, and ultimately went on to win the race because he had the freshest tires.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:10 PM

You have to be in a position to utilize your luck when the lead driver has bad luck.

Danica Patrick is never near the position to cash in on other's bad luck.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
or how about when earnhardt sr was leading at daytona one year, and broke a vibration dampner which cut a tire, and he lost the race in turn three on the last lap.
That would be the Derrick Cope example.. He's the one that won that race when Earnhardt cut the tire.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That would be the Derrick Cope example.. He's the one that won that race when Earnhardt cut the tire.
you are right, that was derrick cope that won that race. if earnhardts dampner had not come apart though, he would not have cut a tire and lost the race.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:16 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,415 times
Bowman got the 88 seat. Good for him. I know Jr likes him so that was a no brainer.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Bowman got the 88 seat. Good for him. I know Jr likes him so that was a no brainer.
Yep.. That's the biggest piece of the puzzle.. but there's still lots of other pieces waiting to fall.

What happens with the 77?
Where does Kenseth go?
Does Bubba Wallace get a ride in Cup, Xfinity or Trucks?
What happens with Kahne and the 5 team?
What happens with the #10 team?
What happens with the free agents of Almirola, Kurt Busch, Keselowski, McMurray and Menard? (I think all resign where they are, other than Menard.)

What about drivers that are out of the series this year? That list includes Biffle, Gilliland, Bobby Labonte and Casey Mears.. All short of Mears, I think you basically have to say are retired.

What happens with Edwards? I figure he stays retired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing