Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 05:27 PM

5,243 posts, read 6,164,594 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of the scenarios that have been suggested have been pretty good. It is a given fact that NASCAR needs to act fast and come up with a strategy for the future. Not sure if those in the positions now who led the charge with build now and they will come later only to find the sport diminishing spectator wise, are humble enough to face the task. While it might not seem to be losing fans in any great numbers now, the slow trickle is like a cancer and unchecked it will force the hand of NASCAR, maybe the future will see them shorten their schedule.

I think NASCAR needs someone the likes of Jeff Gordon (very level headed without the ego) to set a path towards the future with realistic goals........but those with the power will never relinquish it.

A lot of us look at the leadership of NASCAR in the same light we would look at dictators hell bent on their own ideology.

It is their game but they need the spectators to pay and I could be wrong but fancy electronics on pit row and the ever evolving rules packages on the cars and the constant tweaking of the chase formulas are turning many of us off.

Heck why not get a few college professors who deal with quantum physics and let them figure out a fair and equitable way to pick a winner based on the number of races, finishes, wins and whatever. It certaintainly would be a lot better in my opinion than those who are now trying to turn the races into WWF matches

My name is JBtwinz and this has been my NASCAR two cents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 07:26 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,586,895 times
Seems like 99% of the comments I've read are saying it's BS that Kyle won the championship after missing a third of the season, even though Kyle is a great driver. As for me, I'm just sad I won't get to see Jeff Gordon on the track anymore.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
all i can say to the naysayers is, tough, kyle earned that championship, and congrats to him for that.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:50 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
It's not BS that he won.. He did miss more races than I would have liked.. But, that is the one thing I do like about this new format. You CAN miss races.

The thing that shocked me.. Did anyone see JD Gibbs? Ok.. Whatever is wrong with him is very, VERY serious it would seem.

I thought when they announced it, they were talking something like post-concussion syndrome or similar.. Seeing him standing next to Joe today.. It seems to be far worse than that.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:56 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,083,302 times
Way to go Shrub, congrats Champions no.18 team!!

Old 11-22-2015, 11:31 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,302,294 times
None of y'all had a problem with the race broadcast? I thought it was the worst, most boring in the history of racing. All the individual screens made me dizzy and in-car radios with nothing to say of interest was horrible. Instead they should have called the race as usual, (highlighting the chasers of course) showing some racing that hopefully was going on SOMEWHERE on the track because all we got to watch was cars going in circles.

I'm going to have a hard time caring what the hell NASCAR does next year if this is what we get for the final race. No bueno!

Old 11-23-2015, 05:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Seems like 99% of the comments I've read are saying it's BS that Kyle won the championship after missing a third of the season, even though Kyle is a great driver. As for me, I'm just sad I won't get to see Jeff Gordon on the track anymore.
I am for Busch winning but I am not sure if missing half the season barring injury and being title eligible is a good thing. If a sports team loses its Star and tanks into the playoff rankings, they aren't in the playoffs if there star is ready, correct? If NASCAR wants a playoffs, barring a Kyle Busch situation, I rather have a season regular be in the chase.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:08 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
None of y'all had a problem with the race broadcast? I thought it was the worst, most boring in the history of racing.

I'm going to have a hard time caring what the hell NASCAR does next year if this is what we get for the final race. No bueno!
Stop being a crybaby, we all p iss and moan about NASCAR but we all come back the next season anyway.
What are you going to do without NASCAR, watch F1? They can't make up their mind where that are going to race from season to season.

Congrats to Kyle Bush, don't like full factory teams especially foreign brands with goofy names (TOY-ODA) but that's what we're stuck with.

All in all a good season, at least a Hendrick team didn't win.( sorry Jr fans)

Great racing career by Jeff Gordon now just sign up with Ganassi to drive one of those Ford GT's at LeMans.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:52 AM

5,243 posts, read 6,164,594 times
Would have loved to see Jeff pull off a career ending win but not in the cards.

Congrats to Kyle, win or lose, his ace card was the Waiver he received from NASCAR. It's this constant tweeking and game changing antics from NASCAR that are turning a lot fans off.

Until next year........or the next press announcement from NASCAR instituting a rule change or package change.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:05 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,586,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It's not BS that he won.. He did miss more races than I would have liked.. But, that is the one thing I do like about this new format. You CAN miss races.

The thing that shocked me.. Did anyone see JD Gibbs? Ok.. Whatever is wrong with him is very, VERY serious it would seem.

I thought when they announced it, they were talking something like post-concussion syndrome or similar.. Seeing him standing next to Joe today.. It seems to be far worse than that.
I noticed that as well. He looked like he was in a trance and his dad was holding onto his arm. I hope he can recover from whatever issues he's having, but it doesn't appear that he will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing