Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 04:56 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,836,609 times

Advertisements

#24ever. Great day for Jeff and the 24 team. The #Drivefor5 is still alive and a very strong possibility.

I'm leaning towards Kenseth being suspended. It did make things a bit more interesting though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 05:37 PM

890 posts, read 1,850,793 times
Logano got what he deserved.

But I still don't like it. The chase has devolved from win and you're in to "crash and eliminate"

Old 11-01-2015, 05:51 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,412,762 times
Mike Felton and the other morons who run (ruin) Nascar are getting the WWE Sideshow they deserve. This crap will continue every year until either they go back to the old point system, someone gets hurt or Nascar goes bust. When 43 cars start and only ten at most have a realistic chance of winning it gets dull. I want the days of letting the boys shut the garage doors and do what they want. Rules and Fathead Felton's "play off" system sucks. Oh...congrats to #24.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:56 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
Logano got what he deserved.

But I still don't like it. The chase has devolved from win and you're in to "crash and eliminate"
Wait a minute!

"Logano got what he deserved" But I still don't like it. WTF does that mean?

Old 11-01-2015, 06:10 PM

I don't like what Logano did, and I don't like what Kenseth did.

This is what NASCAR has become and I don't like it one bit.

I like Gordon, but he has not had a championship season and shouldn't even be in the hunt.

It is no way to decide a champion.

Thats WTF I mean.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:26 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't remember Ricky doing anything like that.. he was a helluva lot more discreet than Kenseth was today. I think NASCAR should suspend Kensenth for a race or two, but otherwise, I have no issues with what he did... No body gets a free pass, you can't wreck somebody out of the chase and expect them to be rosy about it..
Allow me to refresh your memory, then..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n-XO-_6HUg

Seems to me he pulled a bump and run at Bristol one time, too, but.. The difference here is that he was going for the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Wait a minute!

"Logano got what he deserved" But I still don't like it. WTF does that mean?
I agree. There are times when contact is truly accidental and retaliation in that instance is not called for.. Frankly, I think Kenseth had to do what he did, though perhaps not at that time and place. Logano took him out of the Chase, he returned the favor, but, Logano still has the opportunity to get in, as Kenseth did after being wrecked by Logano.

A suspension will be appealed, and so long as there is right front suspension damage to Kenseth's car, which we know there is... Who can say it was intentional? Frankly, if he does get suspended, good time to get Erik Jones some more seat time.

Tom Logano has already had his creds yanked in the past.. And it wouldn't surprise me for it to happen again. NASCAR Credential Confiscated From Joey Logano's Father Tom Logano After Post-Victory Confrontation Saturday - Shawn Courchesne | Auto Racing

NASCAR warns Tom Logano, father of Joey Lagano, after post-race incident

Old 11-01-2015, 07:18 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,668,155 times
^^^ yes, my memory is bad thanks for reminding me!!!

Old 11-01-2015, 10:01 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Craven says it all pretty well in this piece.

Craven: Kenseth followed driver code - ESPN Video

Old 11-01-2015, 10:18 PM

529 posts, read 370,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't remember Ricky doing anything like that.. he was a helluva lot more discreet than Kenseth was today. I think NASCAR should suspend Kensenth for a race or two, but otherwise, I have no issues with what he did... No body gets a free pass, you can't wreck somebody out of the chase and expect them to be rosy about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I agree. There are times when contact is truly accidental and retaliation in that instance is not called for.. Frankly, I think Kenseth had to do what he did, though perhaps not at that time and place. Logano took him out of the Chase, he returned the favor, but, Logano still has the opportunity to get in, as Kenseth did after being wrecked by Logano.
1st of all Kenseth and his team put theirselves out of the chase @ Charlotte. They had so many issues and fell 32 points back.

@ Kansas he was slower and Logano moved him after being put in the wall twice while trying to pass. Kenseth was desperate for a win after his poor finish @ Charlotte, and should have been happy with second instead of trying to block Logano and finishing 14th.

Any real NASCAR fan knows what Joey did is expected. You get away with one block maybe. Earnhardt Sr. probably moves him out of the way after the 1st block.

Even Brian France called what Joey did a "quintessential NASCAR move".

Not even a comparison between the two incidences.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
1st of all Kenseth and his team put theirselves out of the chase @ Charlotte. They had so many issues and fell 32 points back.

@ Kansas he was slower and Logano moved him after being put in the wall twice while trying to pass. Kenseth was desperate for a win after his poor finish @ Charlotte, and should have been happy with second instead of trying to block Logano and finishing 14th.

Any real NASCAR fan knows what Joey did is expected. You get away with one block maybe. Earnhardt Sr. probably moves him out of the way after the 1st block.

Even Brian France called what Joey did a "quintessential NASCAR move".

Not even a comparison between the two incidences.
Except that Logano had nothing to lose because he already locked himself in. He was faster and had 5 laps to get around a guy who was fighting the same way Logano would have if the roles were reversed.

That's the element of the chase nascar doesn't want to talk about. The integrity of the concept is based on part that guys who are locked in will have some sort of respect for those who are still fighting for a spot.

See Harvick, Kevin as another example of manipulation by elimination.

The whole thing is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing