Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 05:40 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times

Advertisements

Was good to see Jimmy show some class with his interview after falling out of the chase.
Too bad some of the winners can't show class when they have a bad day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 01:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
agreed

Old 10-06-2015, 05:17 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Was good to see Jimmy show some class with his interview after falling out of the chase.
Too bad some of the winners can't show class when they have a bad day.
Jimmy certainly acts like the Champion he is. I'm confident that he will get his 7th Championship before he retires, possibly 8. It will be tough, but the 48 team is still the gold standard.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Jimmy certainly acts like the Champion he is. I'm confident that he will get his 7th Championship before he retires, possibly 8. It will be tough, but the 48 team is still the gold standard.
i can agree with that. no matter what else you think about JJ, he is a class act.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:12 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,747 times
Yeah no doubt. JJ doesn't act like a fool at the drop of a hat - unlike so many others. I do think he can win more Championships though. Why not? It's a total crap shoot now.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:09 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,668,155 times
JJ is not my top driver but certainly in the mix.. having met him several times.. he is genuinely one of the good guys!

Old 10-07-2015, 12:12 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,668,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Who would think someone that started the day in could finish 4th and wind up out? (McMurray)

Wonder how much of their hand Harvick had to show in the past 2 races? Might hurt them down the road.

That was a whole lot closer for Busch not making it than I thought it would be.

Johnson has not had a good year.. Everyone said they were sandbagging a bit and just trying different things leading up to the chase.. I think they just got caught with their pants down going in the chase.

Now.. Charlotte, Kansas and Talladega.. I would hope that Kyle Busch wins at either Charlotte or 'Dega.. Because he sucks at Kansas.
As much as i was glad to see Jr advance, i hated to see McMurray left out. Speaking of class, McMurry is certainly among those in that list!

Old 10-07-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
As much as i was glad to see Jr advance, i hated to see McMurray left out. Speaking of class, McMurry is certainly among those in that list!
agreed, mcmurray is also one of those drivers that represents the sport well. i wish he could get into one of the better teams, ganassi is good, but i think mcmurray needs better.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:36 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,836,609 times
With Gordon barley making it in and his chances of a 5th championship dim, how about a major shakeup for the rest of the chase and pair Jeff with Chad Knaus and the 48 team!

Alan Gustafson and the current 24 team just has not been that great this year. Alan has made some strange calls that have caused Jeff from finishing better or even winning this year.

It might cause some grumbling among the crews, but Hendrick has always emphasized his "team" mentality and Hendrick owes Jeff.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:07 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
With Gordon barley making it in and his chances of a 5th championship dim, how about a major shakeup for the rest of the chase and pair Jeff with Chad Knaus and the 48 team!

Alan Gustafson and the current 24 team just has not been that great this year. Alan has made some strange calls that have caused Jeff from finishing better or even winning this year.

It might cause some grumbling among the crews, but Hendrick has always emphasized his "team" mentality and Hendrick owes Jeff.

No that's nonsense.

Gordon is not winning for the same reasons Tony Stuart is no longer winning, their heart is not in it like it once was.
Gordon picked the right time to retire, Stuart is waiting a year too long.

I want to see Gordon join in with Ganassi for the assault on LeMans. with the Ford GT program. He is the perfect guy for limited runs in endurance racing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing