Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 07:04 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times

Advertisements

that is, after you get the experience of being in the stands, seeing the cars roar by - seeing several times, then watching at home seems to be the way to go......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 10:43 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
that is, after you get the experience of being in the stands, seeing the cars roar by - seeing several times, then watching at home seems to be the way to go......
BucFan,
Good Point!
You definately have to get that experience of being in the stands and FEELING the cars roar by..
at least once!

No doubt that the new BIG HDTVs have made the sports watching experience at home a worthwhile option..

I have no problem sitting at home and watching on the flat screen but once my youngest son got old enough to enjoy and started asking to go, we started going a lot. (baseball, NFL, NASCAR, even some NBA). He loves going to just about any sports event and I love taking him.. he has made the in game experience so much better for me!

Old 03-03-2014, 02:28 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,382,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
BucFan,
Good Point!
You definately have to get that experience of being in the stands and FEELING the cars roar by..
at least once!

No doubt that the new BIG HDTVs have made the sports watching experience at home a worthwhile option..

I have no problem sitting at home and watching on the flat screen but once my youngest son got old enough to enjoy and started asking to go, we started going a lot. (baseball, NFL, NASCAR, even some NBA). He loves going to just about any sports event and I love taking him.. he has made the in game experience so much better for me!
Put this on your must see in person list.
NHRA, Top fuel and Funny car. These are the loudest cars anyplace. The ground actually shakes when they take off at the starting line. Ear plugs are a must.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,077,907 times
Kurt to try to pull off the double duty at Indy and Charlotte. Wish him luck on that one!

Kurt Busch to Try Indy 500-Coca Cola 600 Double - ABC News

Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Too many short track can't raise the money for necessary safety requrements. Most road courses are designed for small sports cars; not these cars. besides road course series are doing terrible in US except for maybe Daytona.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:37 AM

88 posts, read 128,706 times
I can't wait to watch Sam's Town 300 at Vegas Motor Speedway today. I remember last year race Sam Jr edged Kyle Busch for the checkered flag lol.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:38 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,117 times
I missed the Sat race but watched the Sun race.. Brad K was dominant in both. Of course, he needed Jr to run out of gas on Sunday but he had the best car during the final run and deserved to win.. great racing for a mile and half track were track position is critical..

Old 03-10-2014, 07:25 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,077,907 times
I thought it to be a good race for a 1 1/2 mile track as well. Good racing so far in NASCAR, and if Vegas was entertaining, Bristol should be a big hit!

Old 03-10-2014, 09:46 AM

88 posts, read 128,706 times
Bristol the true NASCAR racing. Short track, rubbing fenders, cursing, finger pointing, and thats on pit road.This is the way racing should be, each track different, no cookie cutter tracks.

Run Bristol Run!

Old 03-10-2014, 09:54 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,881,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranium View Post
Bristol the true NASCAR racing. Short track, rubbing fenders, cursing, finger pointing, and thats on pit road.This is the way racing should be, each track different, no cookie cutter tracks.

Run Bristol Run!
Ever since ol' Bruton decided to "fix" Bristol, the track hasn't been the same - even after he partially "fixed" it back to the way it was. I doubt we'll ever see it like it was in the 80s and 90s again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing