Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,824 times

Advertisements

I googled and found an article from NBC, they will be airing 4 races on the primary channel, all other races will be aired on their Sports Network channel. Where we live in order to even get Speed channel we had to have the premium programming so not a big deal for us. All the races will also be available for live streaming on their website.

NBC Sports Group gets US Formula One rights - Motor sports- NBC Sports

That's the article that covers how they will be doing F1. With almost all the same commentators and the fact that we had to have premium programming to get Speed doesn't make much of a difference for us so I'm ok with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
I am not staying up to waqtch most races anyway ;so I will watch just a few in the end anyway.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,841,178 times
Pretty sure I have that particular satellite channel (I live too far out of town to get over-the-air broadcast channels, so it is satellite or nothing, and after a couple years of nothing, I decided to get DirecTV). Which is a good thing, because as much as I like F1, I am not getting up at 2am to watch a live streaming race on the internet.

This might bring me back to watching Indycar (or whatever it is called now) roadtrack and street races, if it is shown regularly. No power on earth can make me watch races on oval tracks.

I am also a little leery of the broadcasts on the main channels - that means local affiliates can choose to air the broadcast or preempt it for something they think has more local appeal. I seem to recall a race (CART, I think, not F1) being preempted by one of the major channels for a local telethon.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:36 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,824 times
Do you not have DVR PNW? We have always recorded the races, even when they were on Speed, because my husband ends up working most Sundays and watching is a "family activity" lol. I'm with you on the oval tracks though, I can't handle watching races that just go in a circle.

I don't think our local cable channel has ever chosen not to broadcast whatever was airing nationally. Of course, I live in North Dakota and the only way you get TV is through cable or satellite. The college has it's own TV station that goes on both cable and satellite networks and shows college hockey. That's the only thing I can possibly imagine them wanting to air over F1.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:10 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,581,058 times
Yeh just DVR the races. Don't get what the complaining is about. Its way better since you can FF through all the commercials we get here anyway.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
I just do not like watching replay of a race I know the outcome of .Live is always better in any sports braodcast.Even the US GP was started so as not to lose audience to otehr prime time sports;its only smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing