Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:06 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,438,550 times

Advertisements

I am not a Danica fan but in all honesty she did a great job driving RA last week. She should of had a fourth place finish had a "better driver" not screwed up his drive to the front. Just too bad she got punted out of the way by former F1 driver Jacques Villeneuve.(not as easy as it looks driving those "taxi's" is it F1 fans?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 07:15 AM

8,613 posts, read 14,959,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I am not a Danica fan but in all honesty she did a great job driving RA last week. She should of had a fourth place finish had a "better driver" not screwed up his drive to the front. Just too bad she got punted out of the way by former F1 driver Jacques Villeneuve.(not as easy as it looks driving those "taxi's" is it F1 fans?)
Gotta give her credit where it's due. She ran a good race. Jacques punting her wasn't a surprise. He's punted people every time he's been a road course ringer in the Nationwide Series.

You're gonna get eaten alive, though, because Nelson Piquet Jr (winner) and Max Papis (4th) also have F-1 starts under their belts.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:23 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,684,069 times
She was very good while running behind someone but always faltered once she passed them.. Her and Max kept going back and forth there at the end. She could never stay in front of him and it hurt her in the end..

I get that Villanueva didn't mean to punt her there at the end but he did and for him to simply say, I was NOT INVOLVED in that! WTF!!! Does he think we are blind.. ? He was involved, he should have said it was an accident.. no biggie but for him to deny any involvement really causes me to loose a tremendous amount of respect for him. OWN UP to your mistakes.. PERIOD..

Personally, i think its time to get rid of all the hired guns on the Nascar road courses. I don't recall seeing any in the Sunday race which was a nice change.. unless you count Boris Said but he has enough oval starts to warrant a ride. I would prefer Nascar implement some time of rule that wouldn't allow so called 'ringers' to run just the road courses.... something like that. I don't like guys who run twice a year to grab good runs from regulars who may not be as good on the road course..

Old 06-26-2012, 09:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,946,137 times
i agree that danica did a fine job at road america. good enough, even getting punted back to12th, to get into the top 10 in points. the problem danica had when running out in front of someone is that she tried to push the car too hard in some corners, typical rookie mistake though, and she will learn and do better next time.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:27 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,368,094 times
I agree that Danica ran a heck of a race! And she handled herself well after the race during the interview! Good job!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:51 PM

personally i think danica is better suited to nascar than she ever was for indy. i wouldnt be surprised if in a couple of years in sprint cup that she is contending for the title.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:45 AM

733 posts, read 1,759,951 times
I'm not a big fan of all the Danica talk either, but I admit that she did run a great race! Those road ringer guys make me mad everytime we come too a road course. Boris Said caused a horrific crash at watkins Glen last year and showed very little remorse for the drivers involved...instead he was more focused on going to Biffles house to give him a beating. Then Jacques Villenueve punted Danicar towards the end then denied being involved when they interviewed him? He didn't even say he was sorry for costing Danica a good finish. Seriously these road course guys always think they are legends and they think they are special.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 PM

983 posts, read 1,639,785 times
Race incident to be honest. He got pushed into the grass on the braking point, not a lot to do. Amazing how far back these cars have to brake. Stock cars in road courses are really interesting!

Old 06-30-2012, 12:18 AM

8,613 posts, read 14,959,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
personally i think danica is better suited to nascar than she ever was for indy. i wouldnt be surprised if in a couple of years in sprint cup that she is contending for the title.
That would be the uber-optimistic scenario. She's had 40 starts in the Nationwide Series and has 1 Top 5 and 4 Top 10s. She's led a grand total of 22 laps.

Austin Dillon has started 26 Nationwide races. He has 1 win, 10 Top 5s and 15 Top 10s. He's currently leading the points and has led 233 laps in his brief Nationwide career (which, for the record, is 76 more laps led than the sum of every NASCAR, ARCA, and IndyCar race Danica has started).

Danica may get good enough to contend for a win here and there a la a Morgan Shepherd or Joe Nemechek but championship contender? Not at this rate. She will win fewer than 5 races in her Sprint Cup career. I'd say 2, maybe 3 tops.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Race incident to be honest. He got pushed into the grass on the braking point, not a lot to do. Amazing how far back these cars have to brake. Stock cars in road courses are really interesting!
no he didnt, he was on pavement the whole time. what happened was the he got too aggressive going into turn 5, and hammered the brakes too hard and got a lot of wheel hop, and then he used danicas bumper to slow him down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
That would be the uber-optimistic scenario. She's had 40 starts in the Nationwide Series and has 1 Top 5 and 4 Top 10s. She's led a grand total of 22 laps.

Austin Dillon has started 26 Nationwide races. He has 1 win, 10 Top 5s and 15 Top 10s. He's currently leading the points and has led 233 laps in his brief Nationwide career (which, for the record, is 76 more laps led than the sum of every NASCAR, ARCA, and IndyCar race Danica has started).

Danica may get good enough to contend for a win here and there a la a Morgan Shepherd or Joe Nemechek but championship contender? Not at this rate. She will win fewer than 5 races in her Sprint Cup career. I'd say 2, maybe 3 tops.
true danica has not led a lot of laps, doesnt have a win yet, but look where she is in the points standings right now, tenth in fact. she has been consistent all year long, and unless it has been someone else causing an issue, she hasnt knocked the fenders off her race cars.

i personally would like to see her spend a couple more years in NNS before she moves to sprint cup, but imo i believe that danica will contend for a championship at some point in her career. when she ran full time in indy cars, she had only one win, but she did finish well in the points each year she ran, and that is telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing