Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

KB got off easy. 128 in a 45? a number of years ago a promising young driver had a few drinks after a race, and got himself killed because he took a corner too fast thinking he was all that. it doesnt matter how good of a driver you are, on the street it is quite easy to kill yourself and others by doing stupid things like this. KB should know better considering some of the on track wrecks he has been through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Kyle Busch gets a $1,000.00 fine, 45 day license suspension 30 hours of community service and a year of unsupervised probation for speeding (128MPH).

Some 21 year old convicted felon a month earlier was ticketed in the same court for speeding 128MPH got a $300.00 fine and nothing else.

Irregardless whether one likes or dislikes Busch, the courts flagrant discrimination is disgraceful.

Busch's license suspended for high-speed trip - Aug 23, 2011 - NASCAR.COM
That is wrong;I would appeal it to the next higher court on that basis of discrimination.ad;that some thign to all cahrgte the rish more for same offense;not the american way at all.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:52 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
...that some thign to all cahrgte the rish more for same offense;not the american way at all.
Huh???

Old 09-01-2011, 11:41 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,866,412 times
Another viewpoint:

How fast? Fast enough to make some people want to howl | www.thatsracin.com

"Some guys I know say they’ve formed an unofficial "Citizens' Watch" committee, and the next time they learn of a speeder being treated more harshly than Busch, they’re “going to howl.”

Old 09-02-2011, 12:32 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Maybe I am misunderstanding some posters here---you think KB got it bad?? Ummm, if that were me doing the same exact thing he did I'd have been in jail. And like PDD stated with his salary this was pocket change.....plus, it doesn't matter how good a driver he is it's the other guy--or child that is what you cannot know what they will do in any given situation. No, KB got off really easy. They have lawyers that work for the NASCAR guys and they do what they are paid to do. It was enough to basically satisfy most of the fans and NASCAR too. Kyle is one lucky guy to even think of getting his license back this year!! I love car racing for the most part--hey, I use to love to go fast myself but not at the risk of hurting an innocent person--just dumb and I hope this was enough to make Kyle understand the serousness of the crime!

Old 09-05-2011, 10:51 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Irregardless isn't a word.

I think in some instances where a person is wealthy, they should be allowed to buy their way out of trouble. This was a victimless crime, so instead of jail time, fine KB $100K a day for every day he could have been made to serve. Then do something useful with at least some of that money, such as funding a charity. The government will waste a bunch of it, buying pencil sharpeners, or granite countertops for a courthouse scheduled for demolition next year, or some other stupidity. But at least some of the money could go to a currently underfunded worthwhile cause.

If KB had caused any damage or injury, then all bets are off. But if the wealthy are going to walk anyway, hit them hard where it counts.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:50 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Irregardless ..
ditto.. not a word..

Old 09-14-2011, 07:20 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Irregardless isn't a word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Irregardless ..
ditto.. not a word..
Quote:
Merriam-Webster says:

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.
But what do they know. (assisted by "Google" - a search engine)

Irregardless - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 09-14-2011, 09:59 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
But what do they know. (assisted by "Google" - a search engine)

Irregardless - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Nothing settles an argument better than providing proof.

Good Job.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:27 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Very nice! I laughed because I use the word "irregardless" all the time and was wondering if perhaps I was using an incorrect word--now I feel better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing