Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which type of auto racing do you like?
NASCAR 31 32.63%
Indy 9 9.47%
Formula 1 43 45.26%
Drag 3 3.16%
Other, feel free to comment 9 9.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,918,474 times

Advertisements

I use to love F! when young in the 60's but since then its gotten to be so much dependent o ground force that without alot of gimmicks its hyard to pass.Down force:IMO ;has gotten to the point that it ruins much close racing. Add in tires that go off qucikly;onwe second wing advantages and you have the majority of the passing ;now days.The oy real rcig is in quailfing agiabnst the clock but even then with liited tires that degrade so fast even that is limit as to number of lap runs that ca be made. The key still is to get a gap at the start and then go into tire saving mode and let the other wear their tires more, its become a stragety racing more and more because that is the only way they can get much passing other than pit stops as in recent years.Aero down force in many ways really limited the racing now days .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 PM

1,403 posts, read 938,828 times
Nascar without a doubt. Favorite drivers are Smoke and Jr.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:19 PM

8,292 posts, read 23,129,728 times
I can't wait for the F1 race in Austin this year in November, I might fly down to take in the events.

Photos: Inside look at F1 Austin track slideshow - Austin Business Journal

Old 07-30-2012, 09:12 PM

4 posts, read 10,394 times
F1 ftw

Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,581,602 times
F1 by a long shot.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-15-2012, 07:02 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,402,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
F1 by a long shot.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
NFN but the recent Watkins Glen NASCAR CUP race had more lead changes on the last lap then most F1 races have in three races.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,501,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
NFN but the recent Watkins Glen NASCAR CUP race had more lead changes on the last lap then most F1 races have in three races.
Not this year, theres been lots of on track passes. One of the better more recent seasons. But NASCAR sure did a great job of taking the race out of the racers hands and just making it lottery crap shot about who gets the WORST of an oil downed track by a brain dead has been who doesn't even have the brains or sportsmanship to get his oil gushing POS off line like is taught in any basic 2 or 3day SCCA school.
Great show for the also brain dead "fans" that dont actually know much about racing, horrible deal for the racers who get disqualified if they dont follow the "rules". Yellow flags, debris flags, pit speed limits, pit box rules are always enforced in a black or white fashion under the guise of safety, yet NASCAR fudges those same safety rules when it benefits THEM with a "bigger, better show" just before the chase.. typical France, booze, and cocaine, fueled hypocritical behavior again...

Old 08-15-2012, 01:34 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,402,740 times
[quote=LRPct;25648076]Not this year, theres been lots of on track passes. One of the better more recent seasons. But NASCAR sure did a great job of taking the race out of the racers hands and just making it lottery crap shot about who gets the WORST of an oil downed track by a brain dead has been who doesn't even have the brains or sportsmanship to get his oil gushing POS off line like is taught in any basic 2 or 3day SCCA school.
Great show for the also brain dead "fans" that dont actually know much about racing, horrible deal for the racers who get disqualified if they dont follow the "rules". Yellow flags, debris flags, pit speed limits, pit box rules are always enforced in a black or white fashion under the guise of safety, yet NASCAR fudges those same safety rules when it benefits THEM with a "bigger, better show" just before the chase.. typical France, booze, and cocaine, fueled hypocritical behavior again...[/quote

Typical reply from a F1 fan who are just really into high tech cars and could care less about real racing.
You cry and like to point out how NASCAR is quick to throw out the yellow and yet when they don't and let the drivers complete the LAST LAP on an unblocked track you cry again. Make up your mind.
I will admit I know nothing about High Tech F1 race cars but I do know what is entertaining racing and that is something most F1 fans have never witnessed.
I would never call anybody "brain dead" but I guess that's what people say when they disagree with opinions other than their own.

"France,booze,cocaine,etc,etc" that's a new one. You can throw out all the negatives you want but until F1 can provide a competitive series, your just watching an expensive traveling car show.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 PM

[quote=PDD;25651376]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Not this year, theres been lots of on track passes. One of the better more recent seasons. But NASCAR sure did a great job of taking the race out of the racers hands and just making it lottery crap shot about who gets the WORST of an oil downed track by a brain dead has been who doesn't even have the brains or sportsmanship to get his oil gushing POS off line like is taught in any basic 2 or 3day SCCA school.
Great show for the also brain dead "fans" that dont actually know much about racing, horrible deal for the racers who get disqualified if they dont follow the "rules". Yellow flags, debris flags, pit speed limits, pit box rules are always enforced in a black or white fashion under the guise of safety, yet NASCAR fudges those same safety rules when it benefits THEM with a "bigger, better show" just before the chase.. typical France, booze, and cocaine, fueled hypocritical behavior again...[/quote

Typical reply from a F1 fan who are just really into high tech cars and could care less about real racing.
You cry and like to point out how NASCAR is quick to throw out the yellow and yet when they don't and let the drivers complete the LAST LAP on an unblocked track you cry again. Make up your mind.
I will admit I know nothing about High Tech F1 race cars but I do know what is entertaining racing and that is something most F1 fans have never witnessed.
I would never call anybody "brain dead" but I guess that's what people say when they disagree with opinions other than their own.

"France,booze,cocaine,etc,etc" that's a new one. You can throw out all the negatives you want but until F1 can provide a competitive series, your just watching an expensive traveling car show.
You're bein a lil off your rocker.. I never complained about nascar yellows.. speaking as a RACER myself I have no problem with making for a safe, raceable track. I never said I wasnt a nascar fan, but their handling of that situation from a true racers standpoint sucked.. of course if YOU'RE the one to finish P1 or 2 because of it you're not gonna have a problem with it
Its no secret that nascar is more wwe than racing by design, and its also no secret that the France family have some of Floridas biggest coke heads in their family. Its also not a secret tgat Bobby L. doesnt belong on track anymore and he proved it by oiling down the track ON LINE for TWO laps. That IS most certsinly braindead. Why are you so hostile to other fans that are fans of ALL racing so much?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM

[quote=PDD;25651376]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post

You're bein a lil off your rocker.. I never complained about nascar yellows.. speaking as a RACER myself I have no problem with making for a safe, raceable track. I never said I wasnt a nascar fan, but their handling of that situation from a true racers standpoint sucked.. of course if YOU'RE the one to finish P1 or 2 because of it you're not gonna have a problem with it
Its no secret that nascar is more wwe than racing by design, and its also no secret that the France family have some of Floridas biggest coke heads in their family. Its also not a secret tgat Bobby L. doesnt belong on track anymore and he proved it by oiling down the track ON LINE for TWO laps. That IS most certsinly braindead.

Care about REAL racing.. I certainly do.. thats why Ive been doing it since 5 years old. Everything from motorcycles, sports cars, formula cars and even stock cars, as well as teaching it for over 10 years full time. Why are you so hostile to other fans that are fans of ALL racing so much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing