Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:51 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,174,700 times

Advertisements

Non white ? be very careful of the so called Queensland police, a Aboriginal bloke had what was called a fall in a police cell which tore his liver in half.
Given first aid of course not, he was not white was he.
To a lot of peoples surprise a Queensland copper was put of trial for the death of the bloke, all white jury of course, found not guilty of course.
You will find a lot of white Queenslanders very proud of what happened on Palm Island, so proud that the coppers who were on the Island when a few other Aboriginals got upset about the death of the bloke, that the coppers were dished out with bravery medals.
The black and white of a Palm Island tragedy – Crikey

Oh, and one other thing, the bloke found not guilty of the death of a non white by an all white jury and judge is now a copper on the Gold Coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 07:16 AM

9,325 posts, read 22,127,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
Did I say it doesn't happen in America?

I have lived my whole youth in California and Seattle, and many years in Vancouver- and I'm telling you it is UNLIKELY for eggs to be thrown at a person because you are ASIAN. Maybe you got a beer bottle thrown at ya because of your attitude?
(But it actually is very existent BETWEEN asian groups: fobs vs. non-fobs if you know what I'm talking about)
No I had no attitude. I was riding my bike on the side of a country road. The attack was unexpected.

No you did not say it doesn't happen in America; but based on your more recent post indicating Asians have it better off in the US rather than the UK or Australia, it can be inferred that was your opinion.

I was merely saying incidents like these can happen ANYWHERE. People should not assume it just happens down under. I've had Asian friends go to the Gold Coast and they had no worries. thousands of Asians vacation there with no incident.

So the question to be asked is.. why did you not ask the OP if they had an attiitude? You asked me if I had an attitude when the bottle was thrown at me. quid pro quo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand