Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 AM

390 posts, read 671,277 times

Advertisements

We are visiting Austin in the middle of April to check out the town and for a job interview for my husband. The company he is interviewing with will be putting us up for the first night, but we are staying through the weekend and on our own dime for that part of the trip.

I am thinking that we would like to stay in the Arboretum area since I seemed to be focused on that area as I look at neighborhoods and houses online.

We would like to keep this trip "budget friendly." I am leaning towards booking the Staybridge Suites near the Arboretum based on the good reviews on tripadvisor.com and because it appears to be right next door to North by Northwest. My husband and I enjoy microwbreweries, so I thought it would be nice to have a place that is walkable where we could enjoy a drink or two in the evening and maybe catch some live music (it looks like they have some a couple of the nights that we will be there based on their website). We are leaving the kids with grandma and grandpa so we would like to be able to actually go out to eat and relax for once, but we don't need anything super exciting or wild since we will be pretty busy on this trip (not to mention, we are somewhat out of practice with going out!).

Is the location of this hotel pretty good or is there anywhere else that I should be considering? There seems to be a lot of similar priced hotels in that area and I thought a local might be able to recommend which ones were better than others.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 AM

372 posts, read 1,149,164 times
That is a good location. You are correct that you will be right next door to North By Northwest and Iron Cactus. Then just across 360/Capital of Texas Highway to the south you will find the Whole Foods Arboretum store, REI, the Container Store, Best Buy, other smaller stores and several restaurants. To the West is the Arboretum. To the East across Loop 1 is the new outdoor mall Arbor Walk and to the North East is the new upscale outdoor mall The Domain. So basically, you will be right in the middle of alot of shopping and eating areas.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:33 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,926,362 times
That's a great location and a decent hotel. One of my work colleagues stays there when he comes to town. NXNW is a great restaurant/ brew pub. It's also pretty easy to hop on Mopac and head downtown from there.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:44 AM

322 posts, read 748,941 times
I agree with the other posters, great location for all the reasons they mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin