Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:03 AM

10 posts, read 42,754 times

Advertisements

Thanks again ... I should have said, we live in the Boston area, but actually in a "small" town, on the ocean, about 25 miles from the city. I think there's about 28,000 people here, but Boston really is a series of small towns once you get out of the city limits.

Our budget could be anywhere from the mid six-figure range up to $1 mil. Thanks to Boston's ridiculous housing prices, our current house is worth about $750k assuming we can actually sell it (and it's only 2300 sq. ft). Or we could rent and build something.

Are there any ocean-front communities in Austin?

(I'm kidding!)

We have coyotes here, but they are probably not as tough as the Texas variety. But the chihuahua is indoors 24-7. His main enemy here is the red tail hawk that patrols our area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 07:35 AM

130 posts, read 386,478 times
wow, 2300 sqft and .75M$. LOT OF $$$.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:37 AM

130 posts, read 386,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondo1984 View Post
Texas Horse Lady,
There is nothing wrong with it- I didn't mean to imply that.
I just want them to know what it's like there. Just seems like a pretty rural place/residents, that's all.
Charming, for sure though, but they'd have to be used to smaller town life.
Ignore TexasHorseLady : She has an opinion for everythingi like everybody and she is a realtor

Old 01-23-2010, 08:16 AM

10 posts, read 33,009 times
It's not that country.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:30 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp911 View Post
Thanks again ... I should have said, we live in the Boston area, but actually in a "small" town, on the ocean, about 25 miles from the city. I think there's about 28,000 people here, but Boston really is a series of small towns once you get out of the city limits.

Our budget could be anywhere from the mid six-figure range up to $1 mil. Thanks to Boston's ridiculous housing prices, our current house is worth about $750k assuming we can actually sell it (and it's only 2300 sq. ft). Or we could rent and build something.

Are there any ocean-front communities in Austin?

(I'm kidding!)

We have coyotes here, but they are probably not as tough as the Texas variety. But the chihuahua is indoors 24-7. His main enemy here is the red tail hawk that patrols our area.
You're not going to have a problem finding a place here at all, with that price point. In your lower range, in fact.

We do have red tail hawks here, just so you know. You should give the chihuahua (what's his name? Feel awkward calling him "the chihuahua") a heads up on that.

No ocean-front communities, but we do have some lakes you might find interesting, and you could probably even find a waterfront property.

In Georgetown, that would be Lake Georgetown or perhaps something aong the San Gabriel River (think tiny river, not Mississippi).

Old 01-23-2010, 10:00 AM

372 posts, read 1,148,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
No ocean-front communities, but we do have some lakes you might find interesting, and you could probably even find a waterfront property.

In Georgetown, that would be Lake Georgetown or perhaps something along the San Gabriel River (think tiny river, not Mississippi).
There are no waterfront properties on Lake Georgetown are there?

To the OP, in your price point you might want to check out Cimarron Hills in Georgetown. You could have Nolan Ryan as your neighbor. Although if you are a Red Sox fan, maybe that is not such a good idea.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:05 AM

Not that I know of, but there are communities with houses that are steps away and there are properties with Lake Views. For the waterfront property, you'd need to go to one of the bigger lakes (or Lake Granger - there are waterfront properties there, but those are more along the lines of lakefront farms and ranches).

Old 01-23-2010, 10:06 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
Not on Lake Georgetown, but there are properties on the river.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:34 AM

Yes, absolutely. Some lovely ones on the river.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:01 PM

10 posts, read 42,754 times
Well, no Red Sox fans here (we are both transplants to Boston). And the only waterfront we are really interested in is our pool. I had a man-made pond in my backyard in Florida, and between the snakes and alligators, once was enough. But I would love to find a house with a little casita that I can soundproof and use as a recording studio. Thanks again for the advice. We are coming to visit in two weeks, can't wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin