Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 11:26 AM

5 posts, read 12,959 times

Advertisements

HI everyone!!

I am expecting my 1st baby on Dec 30th, I was wondering if I could get any recommendations on a good pediatrician. I am looking for one in south Austin! Also if any one has some experience with any of the pedi's at Austin regional clinic in south Austin?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:37 AM

15,273 posts, read 35,670,435 times
We have used Dr. Mouser at ARC for several years now, and have been perfectly happy. We also like her Physicians assistant, Chris Crocker, who is excellent with the kids. Oh, and the nurse we have had for pretty much every vaccination is excellent - she is done before the kids even know she has done anything. Can't think of her name off the top of my head, though.

The new after hours clinic just opened a month or so ago on Slaughter and Manchaca, and it is a vast improvement (facility-wise) than the old location (which was business hours only, also) on Brodie.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:41 AM

Thank you so much TrainWreck!! I will have to look into her! I did see her profile on the ARC website! Thank you!!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:17 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,024,920 times
Congratulations!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Congratulations!

Thank you!!

Old 11-28-2009, 09:32 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,283,861 times
Take a look at Dr. Beth Nauert, at ADC's James Casey office. She is an excellent pediatrician -- took fantastic care of both of our kids -- as though they were her own.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:47 PM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,709,155 times
I also have been very pleased with the ARC (formerly Brodie-now slaughter and Manchaca). We have used Dr. Horton and I like him alot....also happy with the PA Chris Crocker, and there is a newer lady pediatrician we just saw this summer and I LOVED her! Can't remember her name, but I will look it up and let you know.

Just checked and I believe it was Heidi Busceme. She may not be new to the practice, but she was new to us and I really was impressed. I also noticed she is taking new patients and doing prenatal visits.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:07 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,101,456 times
ARC is great, as well as Chris Crocker. Our daughter's doc was Dr. Alcorn and she was awesome, and if we were heading back there would be no other choice. A 5-star recommendation. She was even able to remember the girls (all 3) names even with only well-check visits despite her heavy patient load. Simply amazing.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,065,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA View Post
I also have been very pleased with the ARC (formerly Brodie-now slaughter and Manchaca). We have used Dr. Horton and I like him alot....also happy with the PA Chris Crocker, and there is a newer lady pediatrician we just saw this summer and I LOVED her! Can't remember her name, but I will look it up and let you know.

Just checked and I believe it was Heidi Busceme. She may not be new to the practice, but she was new to us and I really was impressed. I also noticed she is taking new patients and doing prenatal visits.
Dr. Busceme is my son's pediatrician and although we've only been to her once, we just moved here a year ago, our first impression is that she is very competent and she was quite friendly. I believe she is fairly new to the practice, I think I remember her telling me that she and her family had recently moved here as well.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,599 times
I highly recommend Dr. Don Brode at ARC South. He only works on M/W/F, so you must plan well check appointments weeks in advance, however he is so good with my boys and really takes the time to answer all your questions and make sure you understand everything. My son recently developed serious hives for some unknown reason and Dr. Brode worked us in for three appointments on Thanksgiving week to help get the problem resolved! His nurse, Lauren is wonderful and I love the fact that during the time that both my boys have been seeing Dr. Brode, Lauren has been our only nurse. You may also consider using the ARC for the all night phone nurses as well as the after hours clinic which can be very helpful with a newborn. We initially went to Dr. Brode because of his willingness to accommodate our request for a delayed shot schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: