Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:39 PM

30 posts, read 80,669 times

Advertisements

We are looking to put in a pool and have begun looking around. Every pool story seems to end poorly. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to use?

I imagine pricing is very aggressive right now. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
I suggest driving around some newer, more expensive communities and looking for the pool signs in people's yards. There are about 5 people in my neighborhood in Bee Cave that either just put one in or they're currently building one, and I don't think I've seen a repeated company sign. They've all chosen someone different.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 PM

477 posts, read 1,580,640 times
Definitely 4th Quarter is the best time to buy a pool. Call Richard Leaf at Broadway Pools. I know several people in Steiner who have been very happy with the result and price. Broadway Pools

he'll even tell you that 4th quarter is the time to deal. They don't do nearly as many pools in the winter and they need to keep their crews working.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:48 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,122,230 times
We used Cody and were very happy. We almost went with Broadway but we got nervous because it is a small operation. Which scared us for warranty issues if they came up. Cody was on time and pretty much equivalent on the cost. We had a couple of small issues that they took care of right away.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:13 PM

389 posts, read 1,571,146 times
I will second Cody Pools... these guys are great, competitive, and most of all, they have been in Austin for a while. One of the quotes we got a year and a half ago, well , the company up and vanished!! Glad we went with a company that's been here a while, and looks as if they will continue to be here for a while.
Cheers

Old 10-12-2009, 09:12 AM

30 posts, read 80,669 times
Thanks for the input. Has anyone tried to be their own general contractor? I heard that this can save you almost 50% of the cost. I am very interested in going this route.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 AM

198 posts, read 500,445 times
We had 3 estimates for our pool; Cody was one of the pool builders and the other two were smaller local builders. All of the prices were very similar as were the proposed pools. We chose a smaller builder. I would be happy to share my experience, good and dodgy, so far in a DM.
The pool builder dug 3/4 of of the pool and the rains came, so we are a bit behind schedule good for the growing things not so good for pool construction.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,560 times
I'm with Cascade Custom Pools and we have built many pools in the Bee Cave and Lakeway area. We have been building custom pools for over 28 years and have many references to share. We are a small family owned business with low overhead and hence affordable prices. Also, be sure to check with [URL="http://www.bbb.com"]www.bbb.com[/URL] Good Luck Theresa

Old 09-26-2010, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,211 times
We went with Athena Pools based in Steiner Ranch. Owner is involved everystep of the way. He must have visited the job site 3x a day. He constantly had crews on site working. Everything turned out great and we were happy we went with them. Quality was really good ...no problems. We also liked the fact you could always get ahold of the owner any time you had a question.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 4,179 times
del Sol Pool Del Sol Pool - Austin Pool Builder - Custom Swimming Pools | Patios is a great pool builder also. They are small however honest and transparent with their services and prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: