Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,421,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCalitoSteinerRanch View Post
His parents live in Canyon Creek. Google Maps Street View shows a nice typical home. He is one of four kids. His sister is 27 so he may be the youngest. I would not want to be in his parents shoes right now, and I do hope to see them speak out eventually, but it will be hard to watch unconditional love in action in case such as this.

We were coming home this evening, and saw a KXAN news van leaving the neighborhood, so my guess is they did a piece in front of Steiner Ranch Elementary.
They did. I drove by at about 5:00 on my way home, and there were a couple of news crews there.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnFiya View Post
If his family is wealthy, Texas state law allows the presiding court judge to consider private-party settlements between accused defendants and victims' families to be a factor for the judge to consider in any sentencing judgments and/or plea deal agreements. That is why Texas is so notorious for lax sentencing judgments against wealthy defendants. That and the cost to county taxpayers having the prosecutors office face off against first-rate defense attorneys with deep pockets and expert resources.

Notice Wyzykowski's 'worst' charges are only involuntary manslaughter, despite the defendant's behavior at the scene. If the driver was middle-class, poor and/or minority, most likely those charges would be vehicular homicide. In Texas, there has always been two tiers of justice and that won't be changing anytime soon.
His family lives in Canyon Creek, so I would assume middle class, but not by any means wealthy. In other words, they couldn't afford a million dollar + settlement. He's also an adult, so I think they can only sue him, not his family. I doubt a 21 year old who has a history of domestic violence and lives with his parents has much money.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:53 PM

Article with more information:

http://www.fourpointsnews.com/2013/1...-drunk-driver/

Old 12-29-2013, 10:16 PM

575 posts, read 2,495,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
Oh my gosh, the other vehicle he hit included injuries of a broken neck for one, and a broken back for another. These are life altering injuries. I hope they will be ok.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:03 AM

I am having a really hard time feeling bad for his family, especially when another family has lost two people due to his actions.

He has a history of domestic violence, his Twitter page was nothing more than vulgar rants about drinking and using drugs (as reported by KVUE, I didn't look it up). He was hardly a great kid who just made one bad decision. Frankly, I don't really care if someone takes out a billboard with his picture and a map to his house. Is that right? Probably not, but that's just the way I feel right now. Especially when my kids are crying and asking me questions about what happened.

And if you have been affected by this personally, as I and FromCaliToSteinerRach have been, you DO have questions. You DO want to know who he is. It's just human nature.

Here's the latest story from KVUE which mentions other people who have looked him up and such.

Community remembers two killed in drunk driving crash | kvue.com Austin

Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 AM

70 posts, read 106,051 times
"nothing to do with the family or how that person was raised"

In the hours after the accident, this guy's Facebook and Twitter accounts were deleted. He was in custody so he didn't delete them. Who did? On his Twitter account he tweeted (only 2 hours before the accident) that he was swangin'. Deleting that account and those comments looks like an attempt to hide evidence of his intent to commit a crime.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:42 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,954,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catscradle View Post

In the hours after the accident, this guy's Facebook and Twitter accounts were deleted. He was in custody so he didn't delete them. Who did? On his Twitter account he tweeted (only 2 hours before the accident) that he was swangin'. Deleting that account and those comments looks like an attempt to hide evidence of his intent to commit a crime.
You don't KNOW that. It's purely speculation on your part. You don't know who deleted what. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Social media posts are forever and part of criminal prosecutions --- no matter what is deleted and when. It's all there for law enforcement to do its job.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:01 AM

269 posts, read 428,200 times
Quote:

Man, tweeting song lyrics from a popular rapper definitely is evidence of intent to commit a crime.

"I'll be there just swangin'
I'll be there just swangin'
I treat you good girl like you're famous
I know I'm late it's always the same ****
But don't fall asleep on me, hang in there
I'm on the road right now swangin, girl"

I don't expect that you listen to Drake, but come on now- stop trying to find hidden meaning in tweets.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:06 AM

70 posts, read 106,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
You don't KNOW that. It's purely speculation on your part. You don't know who deleted what. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Social media posts are forever and part of criminal prosecutions --- no matter what is deleted and when. It's all there for law enforcement to do its job.
Exactly. The police need to find out who deleted the account. However, if the woman mentioned in the article who saved the tweets hadn't done so, and the police had subsequently found no Twitter account, they would have missed this which, despite the rap fan's contention, does show premeditation.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:15 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,954,979 times
Quote:
Exactly. The police need to find out who deleted the account. However, if the woman mentioned in the article who saved the tweets hadn't done so, and the police had subsequently found no Twitter account, they would have missed this which, despite the rap fan's contention, does show premeditation.
You have no idea how criminal investigations operate. Subpoenaing social media for accounts is SOP and it doesn't matter if they've been deleted or don't show up in searches. The police just do it. This screen capping Internet detective did nothing of value and it's laughable that people think the cops aren't smart enough to investigate social media.

By the way, deleting social media accounts is not a crime. Again, stop with the hyperbole and speculation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: