Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:13 PM

1,133 posts, read 4,187,850 times

Advertisements

My Brinks system had a bad fire alarm -- so they had to swap it out and they also replaced the box. Apparently Brinks is proprietary and makes it hard to play well with others. I paid about $325 or so for my install and a year of service. I'm very happy not to be in a contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 07:56 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,126,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mom View Post
So does Sloan install their own alarm equipment as well as monitor? If you own a home that already has an alarm system, do they require that you go with their system or is it just that they're not compatible with Brinks?
Thanks!
They were able to use our system that was installed with our house. Maybe the Brinks system is different in some way.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 PM

15 posts, read 105,659 times
Sloan can work with MOST alarm equipment even if they did not install, however, Brinks' equipment is proprietery and therefore, no one but Brinks can monitor. The $250 quote Sloan gave me was for replacement of the existing keypads (2 of them) and making the necessary modifications to the main alarm panel (sorry, don't remember exactly what he said they needed to do with it). From what he said, these were the only changes that would need to take place. Once Sloan (or anyone else for that matter) replaces the equipment with non-Brinks, they will be able to monitor.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:17 AM

509 posts, read 1,545,053 times
Thanks for your responses. Good to know that Brinks is proprietary. When we do move (if ever.....) we'll go right to Sloan first.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 AM

477 posts, read 1,581,574 times
The Reason Artisan doesn't have the time to update his website is because he's out there giving great service to his clients...

Old 02-16-2009, 09:43 AM

52 posts, read 149,135 times
We don't have a land line. Monitronics is just under $25 per month doing it via cell transmitter. The company we do it through even added on the cell transmitter for free when we signed up (we already had a system installed with the house) I can dig up their info if anyone wants it

Old 02-18-2009, 09:22 AM

2 posts, read 5,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxs View Post
Hum, I know this is superficial, but both Sloan and Artisan have very poor websites. It is hard for me to trust a company when they can't spend the money to develop a decent web page... Is that just me or what?
Hello, this is Michael from Aritsan Entertainment and Security Systems Inc. A friend point out this post and I felt compelled to respond. Rather than concentrate on spending large sums of assets for flashy websites we funnel our energies into providing a superior level of service to our clients. Most of our clients are derived from referrals and word of mouth. As such, we haven't concentrated fully on our website in the last couple of years. In fact, I created and developed that site as the beginnings of something that was to grow more comprehensive over time.

We collectively have been servicing Alarm clients for both residential and commercial entities for over 20 years and our monitoring service is handled by a fully staffed UL rated monitoring center that operates 24/7 - 365.

We get asked all the time about the "Free" systems that ADT/Brinks and others do and we try to break it down as simply as possible. The reason they have a 3 year contract is that you are paying for the equipment over time, and with that convenience you are forever locked into higher rates. We prefer to sell the equipment up front (which means you own your equipment) and charge much lower fee's for monitoring(we do offer lease rates that are allow now out of pocket expense). We offer cellular communicators as an option for both primary and back up communications and can tailor or customize your system for maximum security. If you compare even the most expensive offerings from ADT et al, you will notice a lack of complete coverage. While it sounds good on their website, when you look at what isn't covered it isn't such a good deal.

I understand our web presence is more important in this market (it hasn't been in others) so I will put forth the effort to improve it in the coming months.

In the mean time if anyone would like information, please contact me by email or phone (512-590-0633 is the best number to reach me at) and I will be happy to discuss your needs.

We take over most brands of Alarm systems at no charge, however, part of our takeover includes making sure everything is working and that all openings (windows/doors) are functioning as required. If there is repair work required we will let you know in advance of costs associated and let you decide on how to proceed.

Regards,

Michael Bennett
Artisan Entertainment and Security Systems Inc.
512-590-0633 fax 512-266-4814
michael@artisanav.com

Old 02-18-2009, 10:22 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,126,150 times
This is basically the same with Sloan. I'm all about supporting the local guys for service that is probably better. Sloan charges $10 a month for monitoring. How much do you charge?

Old 03-19-2009, 08:35 PM

426 posts, read 1,674,264 times
Does anyone know anything about Aarrowtech Security? I'm getting the itch to get our system monitored at home... all of the stuff in the house is labeled with Aarrowtech so that apparently is who the previous owner had. I know nothing about them nor can I find anything about them. Otherwise, I'll be getting in touch with Sloan and Artisan.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:42 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,002,897 times
Would one of you mind explaining what your home alarm actually does and what prompted you to get one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin