Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 10:11 PM

29 posts, read 152,478 times

Advertisements

My wife and I lived in RR for about 12 years. I wouldn't say one side is any better than the other, although I agree, the east side is generally less expensive.

There can be no doubt that RR is very family friendly. Lots of parks, good schools, safe neighborhoods, lots of kids, soccer leagues galore, reasonably priced homes...

There are quite a few subdivisions still being developed in RR but personally I'd recommend buying in a neighborhood that's already built-out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 10:55 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,722,425 times
I get so sick of hearing West is better than East. I think a lot of transplants started that...seriously. I've lived in Texas nearly my entire life and never have I heard such a big deal made out of the entire East side of 35 than I have in the last 5 years. The only part I ever heard of as being bad was East of 35 near downtown Austin. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of bunk, except for the part about East being less expensive than West. I live East of 35 by the way and I think we have more fun stuff to do on the East side of RR than the West side does.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:25 PM

718 posts, read 2,363,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I get so sick of hearing West is better than East. I think a lot of transplants started that...seriously. I've lived in Texas nearly my entire life and never have I heard such a big deal made out of the entire East side of 35 than I have in the last 5 years. The only part I ever heard of as being bad was East of 35 near downtown Austin. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of bunk, except for the part about East being less expensive than West. I live East of 35 by the way and I think we have more fun stuff to do on the East side of RR than the West side does.
Yeah! We have Round Rock Express and the brand new girls softball complex at Old Settler's Park, which had it's grand opening today, and although not complete yet, is beautiful! Plus we have Old Settler's Park, which has just about every activity you could want. Even though I have only live here a year and a half, I would never tell someone one sider is better than the other. With the exception of a small area around historic downtown, I do not believe one is better than the other. I guess some people just like to have that attitude no matter where you live! IMO

Old 11-08-2008, 01:18 PM

947 posts, read 3,142,368 times
Quote:
I get so sick of hearing West is better than East. I think a lot of transplants started that...seriously. I've lived in Texas nearly my entire life and never have I heard such a big deal made out of the entire East side of 35 than I have in the last 5 years. .
I believe you may have a point there. I'm waiting for " The Real Housewives of West Round Rock - or Round Rock West".

Old 11-08-2008, 01:30 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,463,330 times
I was wondering about that myself. I never used to hear this - in fact, I'd never heard it until getting on City-Data.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:14 PM

A new phenomenon happening here in Hutto now too. Just this past wednsday our little local paper referred to something that was going on at the new school that was just built in West Hutto :O

That's too funny about the "Real Housewives of West Round Rock"

Old 11-10-2008, 10:15 AM

225 posts, read 851,988 times
Just as reference--- I have met several moms who live East and wish they were real housewives of W RR-lol....everyone is different and want different things, sharing might save someone from choosing the wrong area either way, E or W.... so they can look further for the type of area they want to reside.
That is what this forum is all about sharing info that might help someone relocating here

OH and foundation issues are real on the E side I have heard story after story, to me that was enough for peace of mind of money issues down the road.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,463,330 times
Quote:
A new phenomenon happening here in Hutto now too. Just this past wednsday our little local paper referred to something that was going on at the new school that was just built in West Hutto :O

That's too funny about the "Real Housewives of West Round Rock"
Yes, as I said, there are always those who just have to think that they're on the "right" side of the tracks, and thus they'll create a line where none exists. I don't get that thinking, but I certainly recognize it when I see it.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrrmom View Post
Just as reference--- I have met several moms who live East and wish they were real housewives of W RR-lol....everyone is different and want different things, sharing might save someone from choosing the wrong area either way, E or W.... so they can look further for the type of area they want to reside.
That is what this forum is all about sharing info that might help someone relocating here

OH and foundation issues are real on the E side I have heard story after story, to me that was enough for peace of mind of money issues down the road.
This is true because of the type of soil, but not true of every builder. It does require homework. Like I say, we haven't had any problems at all with our foundation nor have any of our neighbors, but the Hutto Parke neighborhood, on the other hand, has been rife with them.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:13 PM

347 posts, read 1,568,957 times
I have several family/friends who live in Henderson. It's very comparable to Round Rock (except the houses don't all look like Taco Bells :-) )

I think you'll like it here a lot!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin