Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 6,579 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am fairly new to the area and need to find an understanding OBGYN. I am pregnant with my fourth baby and dont really like the doctor I have now. I live in Leander TX and I tend to go for a more natural doctor with as much of an holistic approach as possible. I dont mind traveling out to the Austin area as I am already

Thank you for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 03:49 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,283,809 times
Default won't recommend mine...

considering I just went to my first OBGYN appt today and waited 45 minutes past my scheduled time for the doctor to stroll in and, incidentally, not apologize for being incredibly late...I won't recommend mine, who shall remain nameless at this time until I find out whether this was an exception or the rule!

I hope you have some good luck finding someone!

Old 01-08-2007, 08:06 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,339,209 times
Gigi, next time try Tara Mills at Renaissance Women's Group. She's young and very knowledgable. I was very impressed the first time I went there. They also have a large group of related providers which helps a lot. Her number is 425-3895. The website is rwgdocs.com.

Instylemom, sorry I can't help with the baby thing but hopefully you'll get some other advice here. Good luck!!

Old 01-19-2007, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,204 times
Donell Oliver at Women's Partners in Health. Young, and great. I highly recomend her.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:25 PM

15,273 posts, read 35,676,770 times
I will second ATs recommendation. We just gave birth to our first, and we used the Women's Renaissance Group. Dr. Litzinger was our doctor, but due to timing, Dr Mills was present at the delivery (at NAMC). I will say that I experienced the most accomodating, friendly medical staff that I have ever heard of. The ultrasound Dr. (can't think of his name right off the top of my head) is also very good.

They allow a wide variety of approaches to the delivery, although ours was considered fairly 'normal', I guess. We were grateful for their facilities due to a variety of complications that arose that could have (would have) been debilitating to both mother and baby.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 01-23-2007 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 01-22-2007, 08:57 PM

12 posts, read 57,015 times
Not that you're near this practice, but I just thought it would be worth mentioning to anyone who is considering Hill Country Ob/Gyn that you should seek out other options before choosing them!! I had my baby in December at Seton Southwest (a WONDEFUL hospital BTW, with amazing L&D nurses) and Dr. Landwermeyer delivered our son. I saw her for several prenatal checkups as well as the other doctors who practice there-- Reddy, Schneider, and Eduardo. Of all the doctors, I never could connect with Landwermeyer. She's forever in a hurry, never has the time to listen, can be quite snotty, and was VERY rude after the birth of my son: after my many thankyous, she wouldn't even LOOK at me or smile or say "you're welcome"-- she literally took off the gloves and WALKED out the door without saying a single word!! She never came back to check on me or anything. I just recently saw her for my 6 week postpartum checkup and as usual she had her nose up in the air, acting high and mighty. I had to ask all the right questions to get ANYTHING out of her as far as information goes... otherwise, I would have been left with "Alrighty, well I'll see you in a couple months for your annual Pap. Have a good day." AS IF I'd go back!!

The other doctors are okay and nice, but its very apparent that they're forever overbooked. The nurses seem to be stressed often, and forget about the ladies at the front desk-- you couldn't pay them to crack a smile.

Don't waste your time with this unprofessional group... spread the word!

Old 09-17-2007, 02:43 PM

119 posts, read 457,153 times
Wow..This has been one of the things that I was wondering about when I move out there. I think since I will not be having anymore kids, I'm gonna keep my doctor here and just schedule my appts on my visits home. This is one of those doctors that is hard to find, hard to connect with, and once you find one, it's hard to leave them.....especially when there are babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: