Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:50 AM

184 posts, read 1,007,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalabebe View Post
How about ES and Middle school in Eanes? Are they ok? I heard a lot of negative stuff about Eanes. But mostly, just fancy car, rich kids and drug (which every high school has drug problem to different level).
Who tells you about this "negative stuff" in Eanes?

My kids attend an Eanes ES (as a transfer) and I have yet to see fancy cars, rich kids and drugs being a problem. All I see is the best school system I have ever come across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 10:48 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
Anderson High in AISD is also an excellent school and you would be even closer to downtown etc and everything in NW Austin. The middle school is Murchison and I hear great things about it too.

Austin Independent School District : Schools
Anderson and Murchison are excellent, but Westlake is much closer to downtown. Or were you comparing Anderson/Murchison with RR school locations?

Old 08-01-2008, 12:26 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,103,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Anderson and Murchison are excellent, but Westlake is much closer to downtown. Or were you comparing Anderson/Murchison with RR school locations?
Yup! I should have been clearer. Anderson/Murchison is closer in than most RR locations. And Northwest Hills is a great family-friendly community.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
Yup! I should have been clearer. Anderson/Murchison is closer in than most RR locations. And Northwest Hills is a great family-friendly community.
I agree. I used to live in NW Hills and really enjoyed it. It's close-in, has that Austin-feel, and family friendly. It also has all age ranges, from college students to families to retirees all in the same neighborhood. That's rare around here, seems like you either find very family-focused suburbs or hip neighborhoods with very few kids.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,426 times
Default My kids went to Round Rock

Here are two reasons we chose Round Rock over Eanes. First of all, Eanes is a better school district as most of the teachers have masters or better educational degrees. This is not to say Round Rock is a second rate school district (you already know this since your question was between these two districts). So, setting the educational question aside for a moment, Round Rock has lower taxes, plus it's in Williamson County (very low in crime). Talk with your home and car insurance company and I think you will find lower rates in Williamson county. It was not a dollar and cents decision on our part, but it was a consideration since both school districts were way above average. If I can be of further help feel free to respond.

Randy Veach
Kindness is the universal language.
The deaf can hear it, and the blind can see it.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Veach View Post
So, setting the educational question aside for a moment, Round Rock has lower taxes, plus it's in Williamson County (very low in crime). Talk with your home and car insurance company and I think you will find lower rates in Williamson county.
Argh. For the umpteenth time... RRISD/Wilco do not have lower taxes, in fact they are some of the highest -- Eanes tax rates are much lower. Where are you getting your info from, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 08-01-2008, 09:04 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
He's not the only one thinking this. My husband says taxes are higher west of 35 than East, and we're in Eastern Williamson County.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,830 times
There is a current thread with all the schools ratings!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
He's not the only one thinking this. My husband says taxes are higher west of 35 than East, and we're in Eastern Williamson County.
I know, it's a very common thing that I hear... we heard the same when we lived in Cedar Park, that taxes were less out in the 'burbs, Williamson county, etc. But it's just not true, I've spent quite a bit (probably too much) time researching property taxes... but I wonder where the info is coming from?? Perhaps one of the realtors who frequent the board can chime in about what the source of this myth is?

I don't know specifically about Eastern vs. Western Williamson county, so you could be right. But I do know that BOTH sides are higher than Austin and Eanes, because RRISD rate > AISD rate > Eanes rate and Williamson County rate > Travis County rate. If you throw in city rates (Westlake or Austin) they are typically still lower than either 1) the equivalent city rate for places like Cedar Park, RR, Georgetown, etc or 2) the MUD/ETJ rates, especially in newer subdivisions.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:37 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,128,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2austin View Post
Who tells you about this "negative stuff" in Eanes?

My kids attend an Eanes ES (as a transfer) and I have yet to see fancy cars, rich kids and drugs being a problem. All I see is the best school system I have ever come across.
Parents are always the last to know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin