Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2007, 07:17 PM

6 posts, read 16,652 times

Advertisements

I've been searching for several months and can't seem to find something I really like in Round Rock. I'm looking for something south of 79, preferably in the Gattis School Rd. area close to the Clay Madsen gym.
One of the things I'm seeing in RR is houses with backyards where your neighbors have big tall houses peering into your backyard. I don't think I could stand that -- I need a private backyard.
There seem to be few houses on the market that match what I'm looking for. Is this just a bad time to be looking? Should I wait until spring maybe? I don't know at what time of the year there will be more houses available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 07:51 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,718,260 times
There's a road that crosses Gattis School, not far from Clay Madsen or the toll rd. that has homes along it that aren't in a subdivision per se. And they have pretty large lots, not close to the neighbors. You could look in Forest Creek, the old part. Look along Brushy Creek and check near Old Downtown. There are some nice houses there too. I don't think you're going to find anything in a subdivision that fits that criteria. Look for non HOA areas and stand alone properties. What about homes on the RR/Pflugerville line that are close to Gattis School, or along Brushy Creek (South of 79) on the Hutto/RR line near to Gattis School. There are some homes in a neighborhood right on the border of Hutto/RR that have Brushy creek frontage, and are not too close together and with the creek in your backyard, you won't have neighbors peering over. Even with the big rains we had this summer, I don't believe any of those property owners had problems with flooding.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:00 AM

11 posts, read 28,697 times
I live in one of those houses backing up to Brushy Creek on the south side of CR123. The development is called Oak Bluff and is ideal from my perspective. The homes are custom built, mostly 10-14 years old, with a minimum 1/2 acre lot and reasonable privacy, especially for those of us whose back yards face the creek. And as the previous poster stated, the rains were torrential last year and Brushy Creek flooded over the lower part of CR123 (a bridge) many times but never came close in our area. We are officially not in a flood plain.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:40 AM

153 posts, read 621,390 times
You may want to look at Lake Forest, too. It is close to Gattis and south of 79. There are new homes there.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:50 PM

6 posts, read 16,652 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm actually looking for a 90s or 80s home that backs to a greenbelt, or at least has a private backyard. The yard doesn't need to be big, just one without two-story houses peering into it! I'm looking for a one-story, within five miles of Clay Madsen. I think it must just not be a good time to be looking, right? When does it pick up again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin