Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 11:32 PM

4 posts, read 3,662 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy a home for under $175k, and thus have seen quite a few more options available in Hutto. Though we are looking in other areas too, I have some questions about the Hutto area that hopefully locals can answer:

1) Are there parks? I never seem to see parks when we go. We have small children and would love to be within walking distance of some slides.

2) Are there any communities with a pool?

3) I heard Hutto Parke has foundation problems, but what about the new homes being built there by KB Homes? Are they a good builder and is the area sound to build in?

4) Which area should be avoided if I don't want to be a displaced flood victim in the next water surge to hit the area?

5) Are some Elementary schools better than others in the area?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 07:50 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
1. There are 3 parks in Hutto. Fritz park, Hutto Lake Park and one along the hike/bike trail.
2. Hutto square, Creekbend and Hutto Parke have pools.
3. I don't live in Hutto Park, so can't answer that. I haven't heard of any recent problems. The previous problems were due to bad builder practices and no other neighborhoods around here had those problems.
4. You shouldn't have any flooding problems unless you live right on brushy creek or in certain low lying rural parts of Hutto that have the creek running through them.
5. Hutto elementary usually ranks best.

Also, regarding the pools, if you end up in a neighborhood without one, remember that Hutto is building a YMCA as we speak.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
This map shows the flood plain hazards around Hutto and even further out from Austin. Be sure to click the Natural Hazards, Flooding button. Trulia Local - Visual analysis of local data

Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM

22 posts, read 31,284 times
If you are willing to give Round Rock a chance, you might have a better selection of properties to look at. Most of our neighborhoods have their own parks. I live in Settler's Crossing, and we have a community pool and a small park within the subdivision, and my house is three blocks from Old Settlers' Park, which has trails, disc golf, lots of baseball & soccer fields, plus a lake and Dell Diamond with a Double-A baseball team. I believe we are currently rated the eighth safest city of our size (100,000) in the nation. We have a Senior center that was just voted the best in the USA, category 100,000-250,000. (I'm 71 years old, and belong to the center, and am very proud of it.)
We are only five miles from my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant (In Hutto) and have 3 movie theaters within about a ten minute drive.
By the way, my daughter lives in Hutto, and loves it.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:09 AM

2,116 posts, read 3,048,806 times
Can you give an update on the move and where you ended up? We are moving to the area soon and are currently looking for homes (remotely at this point) and appreciate info. We have kids that are varied from teens to preschool and are interested in family friendly parks/pools/trails/schools as well as affordability of 4 or 5 bdr homes.

Additionally we are interested in churches. Prefer non-denominational or community churches if anyone is familiar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin