Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 03:30 PM

979 posts, read 2,968,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
It will be fine! Much better than an empty lot. They will do a huge business. But the traffic impact will be minimal. (And I'll be the first complain if it isn't, I enter/exit I35 at Airport at least once a day.)
I'm not so sure. I expect the traffic to be a cluster at least for the first several months. I get off there all the time, and the cutover from 35 going South to Airport already can be sort of a mess at the wrong time of day.

I'm curious to know if they are building a double drive-through to handle the traffic. As mentioned in my above post, the Chik-fil-a on MLK had a line down MLK even with the double drive-through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 05:13 PM

625 posts, read 1,140,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGuy View Post
I'm not so sure. I expect the traffic to be a cluster at least for the first several months. I get off there all the time, and the cutover from 35 going South to Airport already can be sort of a mess at the wrong time of day.

I'm curious to know if they are building a double drive-through to handle the traffic. As mentioned in my above post, the Chik-fil-a on MLK had a line down MLK even with the double drive-through.
I go through there often. You especially notice the near misses when you are coming from southbound feeder from 51st, instead of exiting off I35. You've got cars coming in fast off a short exit, trying to get over in the far lane, crossing paths with those continuing south on the feeder. Bad design.

The construction thus far shows an entrance right before you reach the light, if you were turning right on Airport. Also, it looks like an another one is off 46th st, which too can be reached from the freeway, if one makes a very (dangerous) sharp turn. Maybe the storefront will be facing Airport. There is another road that looks to dead end into 45th, so that might be the other way, with a stoplight installed to direct traffic. If you've ever been to that convenient store on the corner and tried to make a left out of there back onto Airport, you know it can be difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin