Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 PM

9 posts, read 17,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
For future reference you will be working near "the Bridge". (aka near 2222 & 360)

Are you buying or renting? If renting, your work is a real nice area....why not rent near there?

Oh....& "Lakeline Blvd" in CP is a LONG road. Near what cross street?
Got it, the Bridge! I am going to be renting. I will take a look at some places there as well, good advice. The place off Lakeline is no more than a mile from 183.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
Are you moving into an apartment? There are a bunch in the Arboretum/Great Hills area that would be a much better commute.
Yes, an apartment. One reason I liked the one in Pflugerville is I currently rent with the same management company and they are good to work with and take care of things and I really like their apartments with attached garage. But I am sure there are tons of other great apartments, just requires some research on reviews on my part.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 PM

5,870 posts, read 11,939,692 times
We live near the Lakeline area and I recently worked in Pflugerville. It's a toss up. Pflugerville has the advantage that you can easily access any of the main roads -I-35, Mopac (also known as Loop 1) or the 45 toll road. With the Lakeline area you have great shopping and the new Alamo Draft House and the commuter train to go downtown. Both are suburban, so you have to drive a bit if you want to go downtown Austin. Other than that, I can't think of any significant differences.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,501,996 times
I know the area very well..I live around there (but in a SF subdivision). Mansions at Stone Hill appear to be nice and offer townhome style with garage as well as the typical multistory buildings. The development is new, with new finishes, and hasn't been built out. The shopping center itself has a lot of amenities -- large Target, banks/credit unions, clinics, movies, state of the art gym (with a water slide even). It is convenient to the toll road. At the same time, Mansions can be considered pricey, comparable to in-town. It would probably be better for you to look at places in town since you're renting an apt.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:26 PM

5,870 posts, read 11,939,692 times
Oh, and I agree with the others, the Great Hills/ Arboretum area would be a better location than your other choices if you can find a good place there.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:31 PM

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to give me the advice!

Old 07-23-2013, 08:42 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,787,413 times
Greg, if you're single (no kids) & work near the Bridge, no way would should you be in Pville or CP. (& i live near Lakeline / CP). Both are 20 min. LONGER commutes than you need to be & are further from Downtown etc. (& are suburbia) You should be looking at:

- a 3 mile circle around where you work. (beautiful area) or
- Great Hills/Arboretum area (nice area, less than 15 min commute, lots of restaurants, shopping even bars etc.) or
- Far West (or even Mopac/2222 area). Reverse commute, similar to Arboretum for stuff to do, MUCH closer to the action of downtown/campus/burnet.....& a fabulous 10 min. reverse commute on 2222 each day.

Do some research & post back, but seriously re-think CP & P'ville until you've got a wife & school age kids. (one less car on 183 in the morning as well. ).

Old 07-23-2013, 08:48 PM

We must keep in mind that the OP has not given an age. He, in fact, might appreciate the aspects of suburbia and isn't into the party scene, even if he is in his 20s.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:59 PM

hound 189, thanks, I will check out those areas. I like the idea of a reverse commute! This is coming from a guy that has lived in a city of 90,000 people most of his life. However I have lived in south Florida so I am familiar with the I-95 lifestyle. And riaelse, yes, I do like the suburbs. I am 32, single/no kids, but don't like the party scene. Prefer everything close and a little quieter.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:25 PM

OP, I hear you. I'm a former NYer who worked, partied, worked. That grew old after awhile. I moved to suburbia before I even had children; I knew that hanging around drunk 6th Street kiddies isn't what I wanted. I actually wanted to feel remote, and as you can see, the "remote" area that I moved to is remote no longer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin