Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 08:01 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,544,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppymeg View Post
MAYBE, just MAYBE, one of those 'hoods will have an actual tennis program so that I can get back into it again!!!
Meg, the relative lack of tennis(especially 'up here') was a real eye-opener for us. (Un)fortunately, my 'retirement' coincided with our move out here after my near three-decade tennis bum career in Atlanta. I wouldn't be surprised to see just one court at each of the new Avery area neighborhoods...just so they can offer that 'amenity'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,122,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Meg, the relative lack of tennis(especially 'up here') was a real eye-opener for us. (Un)fortunately, my 'retirement' coincided with our move out here after my near three-decade tennis bum career in Atlanta. I wouldn't be surprised to see just one court at each of the new Avery area neighborhoods...just so they can offer that 'amenity'.
Until it is built don't count on it. Our neighborhood "Ranch at Brushy Creek" was slated to have tennis but the city nixed the plan even though we votes in our HOA to spend out money to build it. They never did provide a good answer as to why.

The neighborhood next to us "Walsh Trails" never did build a pool and there are people in there that were told they could buy into ours which isn't true. I feel sorry for the people that get lied to by unscrupulous builder agents that tell them a story.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:44 PM

7 posts, read 32,641 times
This is good to know that RBC didn't get tennis courts. I better check with PP and NW on the amenities they are planning. I hope they at least have a pool and playscape in their planning. Since we will not be able to use the Avery Ranch facilities.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:57 PM

7 posts, read 32,641 times
Ok so Northwood at Avery Ranch they are planning:

Amenities Include:
1. Family swimming pool
2. Children’s swimming area and splash area
3. Activites open air building and meeting room
4. Pavillion for group gatherings
5. Children play area
6. One tennis court
7. Half court basketball and sport court
8. Walking trails

Pearson they are planning:

Pearson Amenities will be a clubhouse with large community pool, kids splash pool, open-air party pavilion, two tennis courts and playscapes.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HousePlant2012 View Post
Ok so Northwood at Avery Ranch they are planning:

Amenities Include:
1. Family swimming pool
2. Children’s swimming area and splash area
3. Activites open air building and meeting room
4. Pavillion for group gatherings
5. Children play area
6. One tennis court
7. Half court basketball and sport court
8. Walking trails

Pearson they are planning:

Pearson Amenities will be a clubhouse with large community pool, kids splash pool, open-air party pavilion, two tennis courts and playscapes.
Pearson 'planned' to be a WHOLE lot bigger as well. I'd be cautious about depending on any amenity I couldn't see already. Pearson is still a tiny place and it remains to be seen how the amenities and costs work out with the first phase.

We should remember, the Pearson Place original developer sold the land for the schools. That land was originally part of the development. Things went a little sideways in '08-'09.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:04 PM

Belaboring the point some more...
This is from the web site that described the amenities:

" Several of the Avery Ranch Golf Course privileges will be extended to Pearson Place residents."

I was a member of the Golf Club for three years. I'm not aware of any 'privileges' given to AR residents. It's a daily-fee course with memberships available to anyone with the 'entry' fee.

It's all part of the sales package, of course.

One other question would regard the early plans to have multi-family units on the property. Might be worth knowing if one of the future phases includes condos.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:30 PM

912 posts, read 1,285,260 times
Quote:
And, per the activity on our message boards, NEITHER Northwoods nor Pearson Place will have access to Avery Ranch HOA amenities. Easy to confuse because of the names; but, it also sounds like some sales folks don't make that clear(or intentionally make it 'un'-clear ).
We went to look at a house at Pearson Place and overheard a salesperson flat out LIE about being in Avery Ranch to another couple. Not impressed by that behavior at all.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 5,099 times
Sometimes people get confused and blame the big bad builders for misleading them, and sometimes it actually happens. We can't lump all builders together though. Some sales reps will be more/less forthcoming than others. Pearson Place does not have access to the Avery Ranch pools, but Avery Ranch residents will not have access to the Pearson Place pool either. The truth is that when there are multiple pools, 9 times out of 10 you only go to the one closest to you anyway. Pearson Place will have tennis courts, pool, shallow splash pad, and a covered pavillion just like the main AR pool. The basketball courts and volleyball facilities in AR are open to the public, so PP residents are not being slighted. The HOA dues are virtually the same at $40/month. PP, as well as AR, is all about location, good schools and ease of access. The resale value is undeniable as most homes in AR are in multiple offer situations and stay on the market less than a week lately.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,099 times
Quote:
Pearson 'planned' to be a WHOLE lot bigger as well. I'd be cautious about depending on any amenity I couldn't see already. Pearson is still a tiny place and it remains to be seen how the amenities and costs work out with the first phase.

We should remember, the Pearson Place original developer sold the land for the schools. That land was originally part of the development. Things went a little sideways in '08-'09.

The PP amenity Center has already broken ground and will be ready by the end of the year.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,353 times
Houseplant2012,

I am curious to know your decision, NW Or PP? We are Looking at a Drees home at NW, but have not made a final decision. It appears that larger homes can't be built on but a few lots due to legacy tree issues. High premiums for most lots and Drees is offering a VERY basic package on the homes as compared to other communities. Great location, but not sure if its worth the final cost of homes in that community are justified. Also noticed those odd ants, wonder if they are the Rasberry variant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin