Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 AM

26 posts, read 41,665 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

My husband and I are coming for a home and school visit in a couple weeks. We THINK we are focusing on these two school districts for finding a home. (and in LT, it would be closer in, like the Lakepointe area). But I need to tour some preschools for my youngest and don't know where to start. A good, quality, half day programs you may suggest I tour? I am a stay at home parents, so don't need full time daycare. We are Christian, but not strong affiliation, grew up Episcopalian. He is in a playbased program now that seems to be serving him well. We would like a safe, fun, friendly, environment where he is learning, but having an "elite" name to school is not a priority. But if that is the most recommended we of course will look. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,434,906 times
I teach at Riverbend Christian School. It is a part-time, play-based, Christian preschool in Eanes. It is also probably the best preschool I have taught at. Great curriculum and program, and the teachers (most of whom are ridiculously overqualified) and director are all fantastic.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM

743 posts, read 1,372,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
I teach at Riverbend Christian School. It is a part-time, play-based, Christian preschool in Eanes. It is also probably the best preschool I have taught at. Great curriculum and program, and the teachers (most of whom are ridiculously overqualified) and director are all fantastic.
My kids went to Riverbend and they absolutely loved it. EXCELLENT play based ("developmental") program with very loving and qualified teachers. I highly recommend it.

Other ones in the area that I hear good things about would be Westlake Hills Presbyterian (Bee Cave Rd @ Barton Creek Blvd), St. Michael's Episcopal (Loop 360 near Pascal), Shepherd of the Hills (Bee Cave Rd near Walsh Tarlton), Lake Hills Montessori. There are also some excellent Episcopal preschools that are more centrally located, such as Good Shepherd, All Saints, St. Matthews (northwest).

A lot of the preschools here are church-based programs. Kids come from all religious backgrounds...you don't have to be super-religious, but just know that Christian teachings will be incorporated into some of the curriculum. If you want non-Christian programs, it seems that the full time day care options tend to fill that need (eg., Elsass or Child's Day) or the Montessori programs. There is also a great Jewish preschool run by the JCC.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 AM

5 posts, read 11,182 times
Default Same Boat

We are in the process of moving down as well into Eanes ISD. I'll have 2 in elementary and 2 in preschool, and am currently doing the research as well. There appear to be many, many great options. As opposed to where I live now, they are all church-based. It seems to boil down to how far you want to drive. There seem to be many great Episcopal options in the city.

I will probably stay closer to Westlake so my kiddos will have a continuity of friends when moving from Preschool to elementary. I've heard great things about WL Hills Presby, WL United Methodist, St. Michaels Episcopal, Riverbend, and Good Shepherd in Tarrytown.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 AM

24 posts, read 69,463 times
Eanes ISD has a little-known (apparently) preschool program:
Child Development Center — Eanes ISD

We liked it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: