Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,502 times

Advertisements

My birthday is coming up and I was wanting to throw a party here in Austin. I'm not sure how many people are showing up. It's one of those things were 5 people or 30 people could show up. I am wanting to throw the party in an outdoor setting were the guests and I can spend the night under the stars and by a camp fire. Is there a place in Austin Where I can do that without worrying about noise complaints or cops showing up to break my party up?
I have been to pace bend and i like it alot, except they say no noise after 10.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot everyone!

-Jam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM

206 posts, read 370,248 times
I would try mckinney falls. Not a lot of light pollution, and its rather uncrowded. The falls are nice and remind me of a miniature hamilton pool but with only 20% of the people.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammore View Post
Is there a place in Austin Where I can do that without worrying about noise complaints or cops showing up to break my party up?
Here's something to keep in mind... Austin Noise Ordnance requires quiet between 10:30pm and 7:30am, so anyplace in the city you can be shut down by a noise complaint after 10:30. That's why ACL Fest and shows at Auditorium Shores end earlier than just about anywhere else I know.

And yeah, there are people breaking that ordnance somewhere every night of the week, but you just can't act surprised if the po-po show up because a neighbor complained. Even the nightclubs on Red River are starting to feel the heat because of the new housing in the area.

So you need to get outside the city if you don't want to deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: