Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 06:45 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times

Advertisements

So far I am really liking the car. It looks like an electric Q8. Wish it had rear entertainment system. Anyone have any luck with finding a rear entertainment system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 08:55 AM

30,352 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
So far I am really liking the car. It looks like an electric Q8. Wish it had rear entertainment system. Anyone have any luck with finding a rear entertainment system?
Congratulations! It would be nice if you shared your experience from time to time with regards to range, performance, quality, recharging.

We ordered a Model Y over the Audi for the following reasons:

- Significantly cheaper
- More range
- Quicker and better handling
- Better tech

The things I see Audi better at are interior appointments and materials and ride and sound insulation. Did you try any of the Tesla line before opting for the Audi?

Old 05-13-2020, 06:46 PM

The range is similar to what everyone is reporting around 200+ mile per charge... I have driven the Tesla but did not like the regenerative braking aka one pedal driving... Tesla built an electric car... Audi built a car that is electric... It drives exactly like a gas car and doesn't have regenerative braking which gives Tesla about 20+ miles... I bought the car about 350 miles away and didn't have any issue bringing it back... The Audi is definitely better in the interior... Love the cockpit gps map... Love the HUD... It's definitely faster than any gas car but slower compared to the Tesla but I am not overtaking a Tesla 99.9% of the time... I think the Audi is better tech wise... Recharging is about an hour plus from 20% to 100%... I heard that it is better to not use supercharger to extend battery life therefore it is better to charge at home which is about 9 hours... Quad zone climate control is not in the Tesla Y which is a bit weird... Cause the battery is underneath, I wish there was a deeper leg room but understand that it isn't...

Old 05-14-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
The range is similar to what everyone is reporting around 200+ mile per charge... I have driven the Tesla but did not like the regenerative braking aka one pedal driving... Tesla built an electric car... Audi built a car that is electric... It drives exactly like a gas car and doesn't have regenerative braking which gives Tesla about 20+ miles... I bought the car about 350 miles away and didn't have any issue bringing it back... The Audi is definitely better in the interior... Love the cockpit gps map... Love the HUD... It's definitely faster than any gas car but slower compared to the Tesla but I am not overtaking a Tesla 99.9% of the time... I think the Audi is better tech wise... Recharging is about an hour plus from 20% to 100%... I heard that it is better to not use supercharger to extend battery life therefore it is better to charge at home which is about 9 hours... Quad zone climate control is not in the Tesla Y which is a bit weird... Cause the battery is underneath, I wish there was a deeper leg room but understand that it isn't...
Good summation. In contrast to you, I loved the regenerative braking in the Tesla after getting accustomed to it. I've not seen an e-tron yet on the road but it looks good although I think all of the Audi SUV's look more station wagon than SUV which I'm not fond of. I've loved Audi interiors for many years and they are among the best in the business imo.

I've heard that there is a nice discount on the MSRP of the e-Tron, not sure if that's correct but the MSRP is much higher than the Model Y. For us, we have a son and grandsons just over 200 miles away so we can go there on 1 charge in the Tesla and there are 4 Tesla supercharging stations right on our path if we need it but would have to find a charging station and charge during the trip in the Audi.

I'm guessing the Audi is also probably more quiet on the highway and that's a big advantage for the Audi if true.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Good summation. In contrast to you, I loved the regenerative braking in the Tesla after getting accustomed to it. I've not seen an e-tron yet on the road but it looks good although I think all of the Audi SUV's look more station wagon than SUV which I'm not fond of. I've loved Audi interiors for many years and they are among the best in the business imo.

I've heard that there is a nice discount on the MSRP of the e-Tron, not sure if that's correct but the MSRP is much higher than the Model Y. For us, we have a son and grandsons just over 200 miles away so we can go there on 1 charge in the Tesla and there are 4 Tesla supercharging stations right on our path if we need it but would have to find a charging station and charge during the trip in the Audi.

I'm guessing the Audi is also probably more quiet on the highway and that's a big advantage for the Audi if true.
We got a really great discount on the Audi with the downturn but still much higher than the Model Y... it does look like a station wagon sometimes when viewed at certain angles.. I use a lot of different charging stations including the 350 which cost a LOT OF MONEY compared to gas, I like Tesla's network which is more cost advantageous... Using the Audi more as a commuter than for long trips, planning on buying a minivan for the long trips but waiting for one with 500 mile range and completely electric (so maybe in 10 years?)... I have a Tesla Cybertruck on reserved as well (everyone says its ugly)....

Old 05-15-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
We got a really great discount on the Audi with the downturn but still much higher than the Model Y... it does look like a station wagon sometimes when viewed at certain angles.. I use a lot of different charging stations including the 350 which cost a LOT OF MONEY compared to gas, I like Tesla's network which is more cost advantageous... Using the Audi more as a commuter than for long trips, planning on buying a minivan for the long trips but waiting for one with 500 mile range and completely electric (so maybe in 10 years?)... I have a Tesla Cybertruck on reserved as well (everyone says its ugly)....
500 mile range is coming sooner than you think. I have the Model Y and Cybertruck ordered. If the Cybertruck meets or exceeds what they are saying, it will be the best bargain ever. How is the noise at highway speeds in the e-tron? I thought the Model 3 was too high and hoping the Model Y is better.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
500 mile range is coming sooner than you think. I have the Model Y and Cybertruck ordered. If the Cybertruck meets or exceeds what they are saying, it will be the best bargain ever. How is the noise at highway speeds in the e-tron? I thought the Model 3 was too high and hoping the Model Y is better.
It is typically quiet... not completely quiet but then I have never been in a car that is completely quiet... the car does make an intentional “futuristic” hum that I rather they didn’t do... it suppose to alert people around it that there is an active moving car...

Old 06-03-2020, 07:12 AM

2,376 posts, read 2,928,370 times
Quote:
It is typically quiet... not completely quiet but then I have never been in a car that is completely quiet... the car does make an intentional “futuristic” hum that I rather they didn’t do... it suppose to alert people around it that there is an active moving car...
The noise is required so blind people (and other people who aren't paying attention) don't walk in front of your silent vehicle. Seriously. NHTSA requires this....

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...ds-says-nhtsa/

Old 06-03-2020, 07:32 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
The noise is required so blind people (and other people who aren't paying attention) don't walk in front of your silent vehicle. Seriously. NHTSA requires this....

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...ds-says-nhtsa/
if you've ever been on a bicycle and had a Prius "sneak" up on you and give you a bad case of the yips and twitches, you'll appreciate the "white" noise as a mandate.
Only thing worse in 45 years of bike riding is hearing a loud bark about 2 feet behind you or the scratching of rapidly moving dog claws on pavement.

Now that I think about it, the one thing more scary was climbing Mt. Mitchell by bike early one morning and seeing a large pile of bear scat in the middle of the road with a pee trail trickling downhill about 4 feet from it heading toward the shoulder of the road.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:28 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Pics? This is my Q8: https://www.city-data.com/forum/audi...0-audi-q8.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi