Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 06:09 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,285,979 times

Advertisements

how much is the audi etron to buy new in america ?

costs ninety thousand euro in ireland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2020, 04:52 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
how much is the audi etron to buy new in america ?

costs ninety thousand euro in ireland
The lowest price I saw was $72,000 us dollars, not including taxes. Typical price is $85,000.

the new Q4 etron coming out in a few onths will have a base of ~$46,000, and we have a $7,500 tax rebate off of that, so $38,500. There's a $1,000 delivery fee, then any options and dealers "packs" to deal with.

I'm thinking mine will cost $45,000 out the door...taxes & dealer junk all included.

AS of last week, the U.S. dealers have no information about when they can start taking orders. Audi's advertising just says early 2021. I take "early" to mean 1st quarter, but most likely March.

The Q4 will be the 2nd generation of VW electric car & will ride on a different platform than the current etrons. It will have a motor for each axle, so all wheel drive. Range will be improved to ~260 miles, and charge times reduced. Most importatntly, the prices are MUCH lower than the etrons now for sale.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:37 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,182,938 times
The e-tron is actually Norway's best-selling vehicle (overall) in 2020:

As of 16 Dec 2020:
1. e-tron - 9,344
2. ID.3 - 6,235
3. Leaf - 6,132
4. Kona - 5,289
5. e-Golf - 5,137

Tesla has definitely been dethroned in Norway. The e-tron has sold over 16.5 times better than the Model X. Even the Taycan is 3.5 x more popular than the Model S.

2021 will be interesting, with SUVs/crossovers like the Model Y, ID.4, (Skoda) Enyaq, Mach-e, Q4 e-tron, EQC and others.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:51 PM

The first mover (Tesla) is not always the winner over the long haul. Tesla's technological lead seems to have already been challenged in range and charge time, and the costs of most other electrics are less.

Tesla's charging station network will take time for others to match.

I dont plan on taking an electric cross country at this time, so 250 miles of range is fine for me.

The Audi Q4 E-tron has me pretty excited....$45k base, plus $1k ship less $7.5K tax credit for that car seems like a great value.

I've never ordered a car before, w/o seeing it and driving it, but I take a leap on the Q4. I might drive the VW counterpart just to see how it feels to drive, but they are not in stores yet either. They share the same platform as the Q4.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:27 AM

I would love to read an update from the OP on their Audi E-Tron. Any problems? Surprises...good or bad?

Have you had to take in for any kind of service?

Travel experiences charging away from home? Cost, waiting lines, speed?

What's it like not having to go to gas stations anymore?

Would you do it all over again, given the chance?

I'm strongly considering a Audi Q4 small SUV Etron when they come out soon at a base priceof $46k. I'll likely lease it since technology is changing so fast, & prices seem to be falling with each new Gen of electrics.

Your update would sway my decision.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:10 AM

Evilnewbie has had his electric Audi etron for 7 months now, I wonder if he's still happy with it?

Old 02-04-2021, 10:31 AM

1,740 posts, read 1,265,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The first mover (Tesla) is not always the winner over the long haul. Tesla's technological lead seems to have already been challenged in range and charge time, and the costs of most other electrics are less.

Tesla's charging station network will take time for others to match.

I dont plan on taking an electric cross country at this time, so 250 miles of range is fine for me.

The Audi Q4 E-tron has me pretty excited....$45k base, plus $1k ship less $7.5K tax credit for that car seems like a great value.

No challenge to range and charge time yet.

Audi Q4 is "allegedly" 45k for who knows what battery pack size (unless its the same for all versions). 125 kW charging is not competitive in 2021.

Keep in mind they might reinstate Federal EV tax credit for everyone.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:05 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post

Audi Q4 is "allegedly" 45k for who knows what battery pack size (unless its the same for all versions). 125 kW charging is not competitive in 2021.

The etron Q4 seems to have specs and size of charging network that was generally considered sufficient in the past, and it's probably fine given the same arguments used before about how people use their vehicles (mostly pretty short drives, easily recoupable when parked overnight and charging at home). I think that's still perfectly fine for most people and most situations.

I really hope they don't reinstate the Federal EV tax credit--would rather they just upped gas tax to the level of what it would be had it kept up with inflation and then some. It hasn't been adjusted since 1993 and the US's infrastructure needs quite a bit of funding, so it should be just about doubled.

Old 02-06-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post

Others are closing the gap rapidly. Tesla's being forced to lower their pricing, & come out with smaller models like the 3. The competition's having an impact on them for sure. Telsa also not the poster child they once were say the car ratings experts.

https://www.jdpower.com/automotive-n...percharger-use

The Tesla model 3 had a range of 210 miles in 2019...not that impressive. The 2021 Audi Q4 will have 280 miles of range, and charge to 80% in 30 minutes, which is fast enough for my needs. After the tax credit a $37,500 base is awesome.

I think the Audi Q4 is better looking than Tesla's 3 too, but thats subjective. Audi's interior quality will be much nicer than Telsa's 3.

I'd much rather have the Audi Q4, than the Tesla 3, but I'm not traveling cross country either. If I were, I'd opt for the Tesla for the charging stations.

Audi alsohas a superior dealer network for repairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi