Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 12:10 PM

948 posts, read 1,142,374 times

Advertisements

Thinking about getting this model. Any tips, advises, warnings? What about the panoramic sunroof? Is it optional? Especially during TX summer heat and hail seasons, will it survive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 12:44 PM

450 posts, read 556,415 times
New or used? I was looking at an 13 and decided to pass.

Lease Germans, Buy Japanese.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:26 PM

19,869 posts, read 18,144,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
Thinking about getting this model. Any tips, advises, warnings? What about the panoramic sunroof? Is it optional? Especially during TX summer heat and hail seasons, will it survive?
We have a '15 Q-5 2.0 Turbo Quattro.

The panoramic sunroof is an option but ours works very well with no issues so far. FWIIW I have a similar sun roof in my Jeep and it works well too.

IMO the strengths of the car are:
A. Probably the smoothest AWD system out there
B. The ride and feel are exceptionally nice - it's very easy to think you are going 60 while you are actually going 90.
C. Excellent leather
D. The car is really quiet

Weaknesses:
A. No oil dip stick - that sucks IMO
B. The car is quite small - make sure it's big enough, although I'm 6'3" and fit just fine in either front seat.
C. The infotainment system isn't great. It's odd to use and the phone interface is Ok at best.

The AWD is awesome but it is in no way is it a 4x4. The car is awesome on ice and snow on improved roads but lacks both the ground clearance and low end torque to be worth any consideration off road.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:33 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,290,755 times
You can add the dipstick to the front of the engine. Order one from ECStuning

Old 12-15-2016, 02:17 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,824,924 times
I've had a 2.0T for about 5 years now and I haven't done anything but fluid changes. The only thing that broke was the clip for the sunvisor, but it was replaced under warranty. This is an extremely reliable car, on par with the CR-V I used to own. It's the 3.2 that brought down the overall Q5 reliability ratings.

Contrary to what EDS said, I was told the panoramic roof comes standard. You can order it with the sunroof delete option for free though; I'm not sure how easy it is to find one on the used market with the sunroof delete option.

Weaknesses:
1) The cabin is a little smaller than you'd expect based on how fat the exterior is. It's the only SUV I've ever owned that couldn't fit my bike in the trunk. Very narrow backseats - I don't see how you can fit 3 adults. I can barely squeeze in the middle with 2 kids next to me. It's definitely smaller than a Camry.

2) The MMI (media/nav) system isn't very intuitive. It's based on very old technology and on my 2012 you can't even stream your own music from your phone. No USB either. The navigation sucks - you're better off using google maps or waze on your phone. Just get a good phone mount.

3) Lacking some luxury features that you'd expect on a car like this such as heated steering wheel or vented seats.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:44 AM

948 posts, read 1,142,374 times
Thanks for the response guys. I am thinking between 2T and 3T. I agree its kinda small interior for its price.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:17 PM

419 posts, read 626,867 times
own a 3.0t 2013, never get any problem except rattle panoramic roof fixed under warranty, burn little oil all turbos do that. tough as rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi