Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:13 AM

5 posts, read 34,550 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are moving to Atlanta shortly for a new job in Peachtree city area. We are an Indian family and exploring Peachtree city and want to know about the number of Indians in that area. Can some one please tell me about the Indian community, restaurants, malls and other facilities in this area?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 08:07 AM

562 posts, read 1,789,953 times
There arent a whole lot. There is an Indian grocery store in Tyrone which is right next to Peachtree City. But other than that I havent heard of any indian restaurants down there. There is also a Indian temple in Union City Area. But it seems like most of the indians live on the North Side of Atlanta.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:19 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,248,748 times
Yup, a lot in Gwinnett (Duluth, Suwanee, etc.)

Old 06-06-2010, 06:59 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,370,923 times
I don't have numbers, just my own experiences. There are several Indian families in my subdivision which is in the PTC area. And correspondingly, the children are in the local public schools. This area is diverse, more so than one would expect.

And the Indian grocery in Tyrone, I'm assuming there is a market and high enough population to support a store or they would not be there. So while I don't have numbers, I regularly see Indian families out and about in Fayette County.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:40 AM

188 posts, read 680,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtrico1850 View Post
Yup, a lot in Gwinnett (Duluth, Suwanee, etc.)
A lot more in Dunwoody,Alpharetta and Cumming.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 11,540 times
Default Indians in Peachtree city and Good place to live

Me, with my wife, moving to Peachtree City in 2 weeks. We are Indian and new to USA. Can you please suggest a good and cheap place/community which I can search out. Which area is good? It will be good if few indian are around...

I will be working at Panasonic, Peachtree City.Is there any transportation available from Peachtree city to Atlanta?

Also are there many indians around? Or indian restaurants? What are the best places around?
I need urgent help and guidance, please reply ASAP.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 21,175 times
Default Can't go wrong with PTC

PTC is a great place to live and raise a family. The Indian population on this side of the ATL metro area is relatively very small compared to the north metro. If you are looking primarily for Indian shopping, food, movies etc, you will have to travel about 25+ miles to experience them.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:05 PM

47 posts, read 138,948 times
First off, as an Indian myself, why don't you all try to intermingle with families and people of other faiths? You don't need Indian people as your primary social community wherever you pack up and move to! I've got friends of all backgrounds and Peachtree City is a great well-planned community with people of all backgrounds, immerse yourselves!

Old 11-28-2011, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 10,770 times
Default Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianPeopl View Post
Me, with my wife, moving to Peachtree City in 2 weeks. We are Indian and new to USA. Can you please suggest a good and cheap place/community which I can search out. Which area is good? It will be good if few indian are around...

I will be working at Panasonic, Peachtree City.Is there any transportation available from Peachtree city to Atlanta?

Also are there many indians around? Or indian restaurants? What are the best places around?
I need urgent help and guidance, please reply ASAP.
My husband & I live in Newnan, 20 minute drive from Peachtree city.Have you moved to Peachtree city. Will be good to get in touch.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 8,501 times
We Just moved to Peachtree City area, We are looking playtime for kids who are 4 and 7 year old boys and 9 month girl and social get together, please respond if you are interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta