Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,002 times

Advertisements

My husband is going to work in Panasonic PTC. I have one 13 year old son and one 9 yr old son which place is suitable for us. According to School point of view and activities also ... I am worried about same agemate kids are there or not. please suggest me which place and which school is better for them.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 08:10 PM

11 posts, read 14,278 times
Peachtree City is full of kids, there will be no problem finding kids the same age. In PTC you basically have 2 choices for middle and high-school aged kids - the northern half of PTC attends Booth Middle School and McIntosh High, the southern half of PTC attends Rising Starr middle school and Starrs Mill HS. Both sets of schools are excellent as far as a Georgia public education is concerned. Look online for "Georgia high school rankings".

Our kids attend McIntosh, one of my daughter's best friends at school is Indian. It is my impression (and could be wrong) that the north side of PTC has more Indians than the south side, but probably not by very much. As has been stated in this thread previously, the suburbs north of Atlanta have a significantly larger Indian population than you will find south of Atlanta.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:41 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,781,195 times
You'll find Indians more often, and with a growing population in the North metro - North Fulton, Gwinnett, Cumming, East Cobb and Smyrna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmocha413 View Post
First off, as an Indian myself, why don't you all try to intermingle with families and people of other faiths? You don't need Indian people as your primary social community wherever you pack up and move to! I've got friends of all backgrounds and Peachtree City is a great well-planned community with people of all backgrounds, immerse yourselves!
Yep. People need to stop congregating around only their own race or ethnicity. America is still more the salad bowl than melting pot. There's a few parts of the metro that are integrated, tending to be OTP in the NW or NE direction from intown Atlanta, for whatever reason. Of course, intown Atlanta itself is integrated (areas basically inside the future Belt Line). Highway 400 is as well (very close to 400)

Last edited by netdragon; 07-10-2014 at 12:59 AM..

Old 10-11-2014, 01:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,661 times
Hi
We have moved recently to ptc and would like to know about no if indians here . Is there an instance community ? Where s the nearest indian grocery ?

Old 10-11-2014, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,661 times
Do we have to travel 45 miles to get indian groceries? Also , is there any community activity for indians here ? Get together etc

Old 03-30-2016, 03:10 PM

4 posts, read 7,286 times
Hello All
I will be moving to Peachtree city, can anyone share the details of where to look for apartments to live please.
Thanks

Old 03-30-2016, 04:42 PM

761 posts, read 908,503 times
There seems to be a large Indian population in Balmoral Village apartment complex in PTC. I think it may be some type of corporate housing for Panasonic for there H-1B visa workers. Other than that, there isn't a very large Indian population in PTC. Most of the Indians in Atlanta live in the Lilburn, Gwinnett, North Fulton areas.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,363 times
Default Panning to move to ptc

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
I don't have numbers, just my own experiences. There are several Indian families in my subdivision which is in the PTC area. And correspondingly, the children are in the local public schools. This area is diverse, more so than one would expect.

And the Indian grocery in Tyrone, I'm assuming there is a market and high enough population to support a store or they would not be there. So while I don't have numbers, I regularly see Indian families out and about in Fayette County.
Hello I know this is a very old post but just wanted to know which sub division are you talking about where there are more indians...
We are planning to move to ptc for business purpose but just wanted to see if there are indian families with kids...

Old 09-11-2016, 09:21 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,364,101 times
Indian restaurant in downtown Fayetteville, just north of the square.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:35 PM

761 posts, read 908,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vids120182 View Post
Hello I know this is a very old post but just wanted to know which sub division are you talking about where there are more indians...
We are planning to move to ptc for business purpose but just wanted to see if there are indian families with kids...
Not sure of your price range, but I've noticed some Indian families in Centennial neighborhood, and the new John Wieland development called Everton. The new homes in Everton start in the mid 400's and Centennial has resales in the high 300's-600's.

http://www.jwhomes.com/Find-Your-Hom...n-Neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta