Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 AM

28 posts, read 89,465 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Thanks again for all your help over the last 4-5 months. We have decided to settle in Alpharetta. We are going to rent and I have a Realtor that is going to take me around and secure a 1 year lease on a place sometime in May. My question is which part of Alpharetta is more desirable (eg. walkable neighborhoods, good for kids, park access). We really like Wills Park and woudl like something in that area, but to be honest I have had looked at any other areas. So maybe you guys can help me with the following:

1. If you were to break Alpharetta up according to GA 400 and Old Milton Pkwy, which area is considered more desirable (NE, NW, SW, SE). I ask because I see a number of rental houses to the East on Old Milton towards St. Bridge and Abbot?? How is that area?
2. Give some insight on the Webb area and North Alpharetta park? I will be driving into Buckhead...is that to far North.

Thanks, I'm just trying to understand Alpharetta a bit more. I know Johns Creek is off the path a bit, so I need to stay close to 400. Any help to those areas are much appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 02:41 PM

17,532 posts, read 66,590,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iudiehard View Post

I know Johns Creek is off the path a bit, so I need to stay close to 400. Any help to those areas are much appreciated.

Thanks
You obviously need to work with your RE agent.
There's no telling what may actually fit your criteria. JC is not "off the path". I live in JC proper- but I'm actually closer to Roswell. And since JC doesn't have it's own ZIP yet- my mailing address is Alpharetta. I can be on 400 in 10mins from my front door.
Personally, I prefer the east side of 400. To my it seems more residential than the west side. Some will disagree- it's just my observation.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:36 PM

90 posts, read 258,979 times
We moved to alpharetta about 3 months ago and are renting a nice house off old Milton parkway on the east side. I work in a few locations so I have driven around quite a bit and have been to the west side of 400 off old Milton. Honestly, both are really great areas but I think you are best being as close to 400 as possible. In the morning, the traffic on old Milton can really slow you down, especially if you were trying to come that way from John's Creek. 400 is bumper to bumper in the morning starting from 7am (I avoid it), but I don't know enough to suggest alternate routes to Buckhead.

You may want to also consider the area around Haynes Bridge road or Old Alabama on the east side. You'll be just a little closer (10-15 minutes) to Buckhead. There are more "stores/malls" on the east side I find but really, all these areas are very convenient.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,166 times
lets say you need to be at work at 9am. you could go down to exit 6 (north ridge) make a right, go to roswell rd make a left that takes you straight into buckhead. you could also get as far down to glenridge and make a right towards the hospital, 2nd light (johnsonferry) make a left follow that straight keep right at the fork then at dead end (ptree ind or 141) make a right follow straight into buckhead. good luck

Old 04-12-2010, 08:58 AM

188 posts, read 683,132 times
I live in west Alpharetta side of 400 near the North Alpharetta Park.

There are apartments on Deerfield pkwy and I see lot of people walking/Jogging along the side walks during mornings/evenings. One of the best parts of that area is every major store is with in a mile's radius.

Advantages I could think of ...

1) Deerfield pkwy to 400 is less than 5 minutes. Only one traffic light (winward & Deerfield)
2) About 1.5 miles of side walks on both sides of road
3) In good school district
4) Access to all major retail stores including walmart, kroger, publix, costco, target, fry's, Office Depot, Staples, Dollar General, Petsmart, Home Depot, Lowes etc with in 1 mile

Let me know if you need more info on that side of town.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:31 PM

6 posts, read 11,414 times
Hi! My name is Audrey and you and I seem to be in a similiar boat. My family of 5 moved from Alpharetta 5 years ago, and are now planning a move back (from CT), but I have a lot of questions like you because a lot can change in 5 years, and my desires and needs have changed too.

Maybe we could info share a bit as we come across things.

We're looking to rent a house for the first year so we have time to really determine where we want to live, but we still have to narrow it down to the High School district first this summer so my kids don't have to move again when we move from rental to house.

I too am having to think about East vs West. When I lived there before, I was on Providence Square on the West side and I remember thinking I would never want to live on the East side since absolutely everything going on was on that side, but then my kids were younger too. As they get older, the activities center more around their schools, so it becomes less important.

I loved being near the Alpharetta downtown, and the Community center and Wills park where we did many activities. I always wondered what people on the other side did!

Thats all for now. Good Luck! Its a daunting task! - Audrey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta