Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2007, 07:28 AM

16 posts, read 74,252 times

Advertisements

Looks like we are finally moving. My work has OK'D a transfer to Stone Mountain. We will start our move in aprox 1 month. Since I will work in Stone Mountain we are looking for a home that is close to it. Conyers seems nice on my computer but we have not even touched foot in any of Georgia. We have 2 sons. One is 5 and the other is 9. My wife will look for a job after we get there. She has medical experience/training. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 12,755 times
My husband grew up in Conyers and we moved back here after college when we started a family. It's not the same place it used to be. Lots of people moving in and lots of people trying to get out. The schools aren't what they used to be. It has become a very popular place for the black community and they seem to be pleased with it.
So it just depends on what you are looking for.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:54 PM

3 posts, read 16,595 times
Default Conyers

I have lived in Conyers for 10 years and have experienced my house being broken into only after living there for 2-1/2 years and now 10 years later and my son 6 I have experienced a drive by shooting which luckily noone was awake at the time. Conyers was a nice rural area when I first moved here from Morrow,GA which is now a place noone wants to be. The school system is way down the line and from what I heard from other people the sherrifs office may be in trouble with the voting this time as well. I hate to see this city go to such a waste but it is slowly. I loved doing stuff to my house and keeping the maintenance done on my yard and stuff but now since someone low life shot my house I don't want to do anything to it. They are builing these real expensive neighborhoods for the people from Fulton and Dekalb county who sold there houses for a good chunk of change go from a low income family to one who thinks they don't stink when actually they are the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta