Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 03:34 PM

59 posts, read 134,081 times

Advertisements

Why do people always knock atlanta???

It look like an amazing city and is one of the major ones in America like Chicago,Miami, Houston etc....

Old 02-07-2010, 05:34 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,079,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishamericandreamer15 View Post
Are you talking about the city or the metro? The city itself is only 10% of the Atlanta metropolitan area.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:24 PM

16,691 posts, read 29,511,067 times
Quote:

It look like an amazing city and is one of the major ones in America like Chicago,Miami, Houston etc....

Many are just jealous due to it being a booming Sunbelt city and many have prejudice since Atlanta is located in the American South (and is the de-facto Capital of the American South) and has a large, robust black population (along with its large, robust white population and emerging Latino and Asian populations).

Top 5 Most Important U.S. Cities:

1. New York

2. Los Angeles

3. Chicago

4. Washington, D.C.

5. Atlanta

6, 7, etc...Miami, Dallas, etc.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:30 PM

6 posts, read 13,583 times
Interesting, the more I travel the more people from around the nation seem to like Atlanta. It's admired by a lot of people. Let me preface that- admired by professional people.

Who is 'knocking' it?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:09 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,259,011 times
I hear a lot of things like "Atlanta has no soul, no character" or that it's a Big Box Town (ie, everything here is Wal-Mart or its equivalent) and I'm all like, "Are you talking bout Atlanta, Georgia or Atlanta, Wisconsin?"

I moved here from the New Orleans area. Nobody can say NOLA is a soulless town. And as a born and raised NOLAn I can easily say that Atlanta is a GREAT city. I love it here. Not only is it a world class city with a lot of culture, recreation, and entertainment...but it has an incredible climate. Such long gorgeous Springs, a short hot summer, a long gracious Autumn, a tempestuous Winter.

I think it's a keeper.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
I think it depends on where the person is coming from. There are a lot of good things to love about Atlanta and a lot of bad things that people don't like. This is the same of every city. I like it here pretty much. I have never had a problem with crime when lots of people say that Atlanta, especially the city of Atlanta is filled with gangs and crime and I have lived here for 12 years. The only thing that I don't like is that it is a dirty city and filled with too much litter. It used to make my stomach hurt looking at the litter because I was just not used to seeing so much trash all over the place. Unfortunately, I am now used to the trash, but it still bothers me, especially when I visit my inlaws or other relatives and come back after a week to see a bunch of trash here in Atlanta.

But I love the seasons like the previous poster mentioned and the majority of the people here are nice and helpful. There is always a lot of events going on and things to do. There are a lot of positive things about Atlanta.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:34 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,878,501 times
Quote:

Sorry, but this topic has been discussed before in several variations and incarnations. Please search the forum and you'll find them. Add to existing threads before opening a new one. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta