Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 12:22 PM

16 posts, read 85,169 times

Advertisements

I truly wish I don't have to be in the Pace observation! I would rather be in the dark!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:17 AM

4 posts, read 29,505 times
you are not required to watch the pace observation in which your child is participating; you may sit in the common room if you and/or your child are more comfortable with that set-up.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:25 AM

28 posts, read 120,216 times
FYI, for a middle school applicant, our child was asked by one interviewer about how many TV's we had in our house. I thought that was a very interesting way for a school to get a glimpse into a family's priorities....

Old 04-17-2012, 06:08 AM

7 posts, read 18,997 times
Default tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandySue123 View Post
Any tips out there from other moms that have done the private school observations in Atlanta? What do they ask of your child?
Although your post is old, I will reply since alot of people are still reading! A good thing is, if you can, visit the school before the observation with your child. Maybe on a weekend, athletic event, etc. I found it helps children feel more comfortable if they have been there before.
Also, plan for timeliness! Leave plenty of time for breakfast and meeting the other children at the table

Old 04-17-2012, 06:14 AM

7 posts, read 18,997 times
the other extremely important thing: Don't under estimate the power of the teacher recommendation! Catholic schools in particular weigh heavily on these even more than the observation. Become familiar with what they are asking (in some cases, do you pay your bill on time!).... communicate with your child's teachers at conferences etc. You should be able to assess your own child and know where they fall more or less. The social and emotional areas are key. There are so many great applicants that if a school sees a red flag, it helps with the weeding out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: