Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 01:04 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,374,375 times

Advertisements

macarose are you joking?

41 in kenn is 10x worse than 20 in buford

lake allatoona (and crapworth beach) cannot be compared with lanier islands!

red top mountain vs buford dam park... yeah you know, both are crowded and not particularly remote. fair split here

crime is not low. woodstock/kenn and even acworth now are plagued by vehicle theft and massive amounts of door to door soliciations by random shady people selling everything from gospel to payboy to home alarm contracts.

i lived in kennesaw for years, moved to acworth but i claim residency in buford. so technically i live in 3 places as i have addresses in all.

one thing i will say though, buford city vs kennesaw city as far as businesses and licenses go, kennesaw wins. but taxes cannot even be compared. you will be paying out the hoodlum in kennesaw and cobb in general (and still not get the east cobb benefits).

here is how it goes:

buford -> acworth -> kenn -> marietta -> smyrna

city AND mailing addresses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 08:10 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,665 times
Wow. You guys have painted a great picture. Now that I'm back in South Florida, I miss Buford. Everyone was so friendly. It's so different here. I spent a week in Buford with everyone saying hi and going out of their way to be friendly....I come back here, forgot the "ways of S Florida", and smiled and said hi to people (strangers) in stores, and no response (only by the ppl we know).

Old 12-13-2009, 10:40 AM

16,698 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macarose View Post
Kennesaw doesn't have nearly as much traffic as Buford. The number of facilities are pretty much the same but the Buford area has become another version of Spaghetti Junction at this point.

Both areas have a ton of restaurants and low taxes. Kennesaw has very good schools. I would rank Walton, Pope and Hillgrove as the three best high schools in Cobb County.

Acworth now has a ton of restaurants that are within a half mile of each other. The entire area was given millions from outside developers and the Feds, and it's rapidly becoming one of the best areas to live. They also have a nearby beach, Lake Allatoona, and Red Top Mountain within easy reach along with all the shopping conveniences you would want or need. I-75 is within easy access as well.

If it were me, I would look near the Hillgrove area. Echo Mill and Oakleigh are very nice developments. If you would prefer an older and quieter neighborhood, there are literally dozens to choose from. Kemp Elementary is a Georgia School of Excellence, and you literally have several theatres, bookstores, and family events within a ten minute drive. My wife was able to keep the kids occupied for the entire summer without having to spend any real money due to all the free activities. The Krogers have organic food (we also have a few in town farmer markets). Crime is extremely low, and I-20 along with I-75 are within fairly easy access if you absolutely need to commute.

So that AJ1972 realizes, the Kemp Elementary/Hillgrove High/Echo Mill/Oakleigh area would be "Powder Springs" (Powder Springs mailing address, not city).

Carry on.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:29 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,837 times
The Krogers have organic food (we also have a few in town farmer markets). Any Publix Supermarkets? And what are your thoughts?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,837 times
yup they all walk around with blinders on, looking straight down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Wow. You guys have painted a great picture. Now that I'm back in South Florida, I miss Buford. Everyone was so friendly. It's so different here. I spent a week in Buford with everyone saying hi and going out of their way to be friendly....I come back here, forgot the "ways of S Florida", and smiled and said hi to people (strangers) in stores, and no response (only by the ppl we know).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta